Good points - We had a room in the Club section, and enjoyed the special breakfast service, free afternoon tea and free evening drinks. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the location is good. Areas of the hotel were candle-lit in the evenings and were very pretty/atmospheric.
Not-so-good points. The Club pool area was lovely BUT the decking was dangerous - there were lots of gaps and uneven planks. One board cracked beneath my (normal-sized) husband's feet and disappeared into the depths of gloom below - we walked gingerly after that! The hotel is very spread-out with lots of slopes and steps (and no short-cuts). This caused some difficulties as I was recovering from a foot problem but would be quite awkward for those with limited mobility, I think. Also, there was quite a lot of noise-carry between rooms.
Specific mention for the food, though - we were half-board. There was a lot of food, but the choice was poor. The desserts had very little variation; the main course selection tended to be a large number of dishes that didn't really go together. As a result, it was hard to assemble a straightforward "meal", other than via repetition of certain basic dishes which appeared almost every night. The alternative was an ecclectic plate of bits. It was as though the chef had picked a collection of recipes, rather than trying to put together menu dishes.
I wouldn't rush back, but I wouldn't say no to a return either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca