Dont be fooled into thinking this is a genuine five star hotel,although the reception and other public arears are of a high standard the rooms are not.
On arrival we were disgusted to find a blood stained pillow on the bed, the rooms are spacious and well equiped but rather dated. Our patio area had a 20 foot high wall to one side and wall with wooded post on top directly in front blocking views and giving the impression we were in some kind of stockade or prision.
Getting to the restaurant or bar at night was positive danger due to the lack of lighting an absence of handrails on most of the stairs and slopes. Selection of food in the restaurant was extreamely poor and and more than a few of the staff were glum faced and could not be bothered. After a couple of attempts at finding something decent to eat we gave up and decided to eat out.
Entertainment was non existent on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday nights, drinks were very expensive but a least the bar staff could muster a smile.
On a positive note the hotel location is excelent with easy access to the marina and promenade via a security gate at the rear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca