“Very Good but a little dissapointed”
Review of Casale Franco

Casale Franco
Ranked #15 of 201 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A new venture from the same team that ran one of London's iconic Italian restaurants.Boasting Lanzarote's only wood-fired oven you can enjoy a variety of home-made Artisan breads, Pizzas, as well as wood-roasted meats and vegetables. We also make our own fresh pasta daily, and have a wide selection of home-made desserts. Our beautiful terrace has some of the best sea-views that Playa Blanca has to offer, and together with spectacular sunsets, and a chilled candlelit ambiance, it is simply the perfect place to relax and enjoy your evening.
Edinburgh
“Very Good but a little dissapointed”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ate here with my wife while on holiday and it is a nice setting (try and sit outside looking on to the sea) and the staff are friendly and helpfull. The starters were very tasty, so I was looking forward to my main and to be honest I was little bit dissapointed, I thought it was a bit bland and lacked seasoning. My wife however enjoyed her main and the wine was excellent. I may have had an off day for the chef and we did plan to go back but time didn't allow. Pretty nice all the same apart from the main it would have got a 5.

• Finnish first
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

After many holidays spent in Playa Blanca, I decided to read the restaurant reviews on Tripadvisor and was so glad I did.

This restaurant is hidden away, above Burger King, but what a find.

Fantastic fresh food in a lovely setting. Everything was homemade and portions were generous.

Highly recommended and will definitely be going back towards the end of our holiday.

1 Thank Mandy C
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, marvellous menu, and a stunning setting”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

It was our first trip to Lanzarote, and my brother-in-law had been given a recommendation about the quality of the food in Casale Franco, and it certainly lived up to it.

Initially, I took my wife there because it was our first wedding anniversary, and the staff were kind enough to take a booking in the day and recommend the best seats. We were treated so well, it was calm, pleasant, and the beautiful views drew our attention. As you will see by other reviews, it is located above a Burger King, but don't let this put you off because you would never notice once you're there.

The food was divine, and reasonable too. They offered an uncomplicated menu with 6-7 starters and about the same number of mains, but each choice was tempting and it took us a while to choose. It was served promptly, and yet we were never hurried. It was delicious, and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The wine choices were also good, and reasonable too, and we polished off a bottle of decent Pinot Grigio together. The meal was topped off by a wonderful cocktail from a long list of choices (there was certainly something for everyone there.) That with a balcony view out across Playa Blanca, we had a wonderful night all in all.

We were so impressed, that we took the whole family (17 of us) back there later in the week, and they dealt with us admirably. Considering that we had 6 children with us (below 9), they had the service down to a touch, and nothing was slow, the children got served quickly (the pizza's went down well) and everyone enjoyed it.

The chef in command of the wood-chip oven at the back (who I believe was also the owner) was clearly passionate about his job, and had great control of his kitchen and staff. Another review mentioned that he shouted a lot. Well, it was a big kitchen, and he was managing it, and it was entirely inoffensive. You'd probably only appreciate this if you were inside (we were with the big family).

Finally to point out the wonderful décor, abstract sculptures, and personalised furniture. It reminded me of a Dali like style, and upon enquiring further with the main chef, he explained that he had designed/made it all. A wonderful personal touch.

I would certainly visit this restaurant again if ever in Playa Blanca, and would heartily recommend it to anyone. This, after all, is my first restaurant review.

1 Thank JimmyHand
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Exceptional Italian food-Great Service, Fabulous views,”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We dine in this fantastic Italian restaurant on each of our visits to Playa Blanca and eat there several times per visit. The food is exceptional, it is the best Italian in Playa Blanca. We have tried most of the menu from fresh pasta to the wood fired pizza and have enjoyed them all. The pizzas are fantastic. They are wood fired and just great. The wine list is good especially the cava, the beer excellent and the cocktails gorgeous. My husband normally orders the steak and highly recommends it! The chicken in parma ham and cream sauce is delicious, with garlic roasted potatoes. If you need a salad to accompany it then it is available on the menu to order. I am amazed that another reviewer complained about the lack of salad when they failed to order one! The views are over Dorada beach, hurricane lanterns are on the tables with candles and the staff are always helpful, charming and friendly. The owners Franco and Giselle are wonderful, professional and always willing to go that extra mile. We are always impressed with the food and the Casale Franco team. Highly recommend, go try for yourselves, it is great!

2 Thank Allison F
Playa Blanca, Spain
“Great Italian food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We ate here on a Saturday evening in August. There were several families with small children, but the atmosphere was calm and welcoming. The restaurant has stunning views from the outside tables over the sea, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our food was utterly delicious and a little different from some of the more ordinary Italian menu items. I had steak strips in pesto which were served with sliced polenta and rocket - totally yummy. Husband had chicken and bacon in a creamy saucy with potatoes from the wood oven - equally delicious. Daughter had spaghetti with beef strips in a red wine and tomato sauce, which she described as an awesome mix of spaghetti bolognese and a hearty stew! The only item we were slightly disappointed with was the garlic bread with mozzarella, which didn't have much garlic at all. Gorgeous desserts too - the flourless chocolate cake is a must. We will certainly eat here again.

Visited August 2013