“Good menu of the day”

Restaurante El Volcan
Ranked #56 of 198 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good menu of the day”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We ate here for the first time this year and were not disappointed! Four of us all had the set menu and the choice was ok and the food good.
The waiters wanted us to have a la carte , but were ok with us after we chose menu of the day.
Do not expect fine dining but for 9 Euros each you get a good meal.

• Visited January 2014

Rickmansworth Herts
“Does not live up to it's reputation”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I can see why this restaurant is busy during the day as it is a great location. We eat their twice, the first time the food wasn't bad, we had the beef stroganoff which was served with perfectly cooked veg. The second time however was a complete contrast. We ordered the mixed kebab and it came up on a hot plate the was virtually on fire!!. The meat was burnt and they had put the vegetables on the same plate so they were charred. I know there can be problems but the worst thing is that no one even asked us if we had enjoyed the meal when it was clear that we had hardly eaten. So we would not go near this place for that reason.

Visited January 2014
Hayling Island
“Mean paella”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Eight of us were booked, so please note that I am only writing from my own point of view as six of us really enjoyed their meals, five having steaks which were reasonably priced and perfectly cooked and served. My other half had chicken stroganoff which he declared to be "great".

We all had to wait for two of us had ordered seafood paella, a dish which takes longer to cook than steak and chips. I always like to indulge in a paella, but it's usually for two and my other half doesn't like it. It wasn't expensive - about 9.25 euros, but it was disappointing. For two people there were just four mussels and two prawns on top to share. I thought that was a bit mean, to say the least. The flavour was good and the dish was freshly made with fish in the main part.

The bill for 8 was a nightmare as the steaks were much dearer than the chicken and paella, so it didn't divide easily.

The restaurant is popular, the service cheery and very good and the atmosphere excellent. We'd certainly go again, but I'd pay extra for a more lavish paella.

• Visited February 2014
Perth, United Kingdom
“Fab food”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We turned up and the place was full (always my rule, if its busy it must be ok) waited for 5 min max and got a table. Choices on the menu were varied but looking around everyone's food looked good and all freshly made. The smell of the grill was making me hungry.

I decided to have a paella and my boyfriend a mixed meat kebab. They turned up in about 20 min and the smell was fab. The food tasted amazing too.

Shared a pudding which said chocolate cake but was more like a cheesecake, but still lush

Highly recommend this place

CAMBRIDGE
“Service with a smile”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Made very welcome in this traditional Spanish style restaurant . We both enjoyed the Mixed Fish , a selection of 6 or more perfectly cooked fresh fish . Excellent attentive service and better value than some of the other better known fish restaurants in Playa Blanca.

Visited January 2014