“Lovely Setting”

El Mano Casa de Comidas
Ranked #73 of 198 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St Helens
“Lovely Setting”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Fabulous food, great value for money and excellent service. What more could you ask for-an extensive and well stocked wine list too!!

Visited December 2012

Hull, England
“Something sadly amiss?”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I visted this restaurant on the 19th and 21st December and were absolutely delighted with the food, the service and the prices were only slightly higher than the majority of the restaurants in the area and much cheaper than some. I thought that the prawn cocktail was superb and the sole fillets, salad and Canarian potatoes really special, my wife chose the parma ham and melon and followed this with the pork fillets with vegetables and Cnarian potatoes which she thought was exceptional. We had a really lovely bottle of the El Griffo white wine and after a 30 minute pause opted for the local cheesecake which was faultless, fresh and really tasty. On our first night there we arrived at 7.30pm and left around 11pm and the only other diners were 2 other couples during the evening, we had a beautiful table which overlooked the small boats in the marina which we thought was quite romantic. The waiters and the owner were all very friendly and attentive and on completing the meal we were given a really nice local liquor which we found quite pleasant, this wasa complimentary drink from the restaurant. All of the staff including the kitchen staff / chefs waved to us and thanks us as we were leaving which we thought was a really nice gesture. The meal was so lovely that we both decided to eat there again on the 21st December and I chose exactly the same starter and main course that I had eaten on the Wednesday which was just as delightful, my wife was a lot more adventurous and opted for the fish soup starter followed by fillet steak with sauce complete with vegetables and the glorious local Canarian potatoes. Once again we opted for the El Griffo wine which in my opinion is one of the nicest white wines in the world, we both decided to go for the ice cream as a desert and this was really tasty and refreshing. We arrived at 7.30 and there was only one other couple eating at the time but a few minutes after we arrived a German couple arrived and asked for a table, the waiter immediately showed them to a really nice table for two again over looking the marina but the gentleman asked if they could be seated at a table of 4 next to the table but for some reason the waiter told him no and showed him once again to the table for 2 and the lady immediately sat down at the table, the getleman was not happy at all with this and promptly left with his wife scurrying after him. I said to the waiter "Oh dear" and he simply smiled back at me and shrugged his shoulders. I was really puzzled by his actions as he had no one in the restaurant surely it would have been better having the couple sat at a table for 4 than not having them at all? We left the restaurant at 11pm and once again was given a complimentary drink and thanked and waved off by the friendly staff. On 2 other occasions we decided to go back to this restaurant as it was so good but when we arrived on both occasions we were shocked to see that no one was dining. This is a very busy area and the restaurant nxt door was heaving, Aphrodite Little Italia opposite had people queing out side and Lani's Grill also opposite was doing very well too, we ate at both of these restarants during our stay and neither of them was anywhere near as good as El Mano. So what is going on, I really wish I knew because it is so disappointing to see it empty when they really do have so much to offer? I hav read other reports which say that the owner was very rude together with the serving staff but we didn't see any of this on either occasion. Maybe they do very well in the summer, I really hope so!

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I enjoyed my supper at this restaurant. I had the sea bass (may have been a bit overcooked) with canarian potatoes with excellent mojo sauce. Very good service as well.

• Visited November 2012
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good place”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went there for lunch. Had a salad. Presentation was good and nicely original. The waiter was friendly. We sat outside, nice view of the marina. We were I think the only customers at the time (not the high season) so couldn't really compare when it's full

• Visited November 2012
Livingston, Scotland
“Excellent birthday dinner”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Came here for my birthday as it has a fantastic location and the menu looked good. We sat on the terrace overlooking the marina. Food was very good, the atmosphere was very good. I had the scallop starter and the only complaint I had was that there were only a couple of scallops, very tasty. The waiters were friendly. We had a lovely meal here. It is reasonable, although more expensive than some towards the harbour, but it is much better.

1 Thank PhilSE