“Speedy service and sticky menus”

Cofradia de Pescadores
Ranked #108 of 235 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

The service in this restaurant had us out of the door in under 40 minutes... we had 2 courses and a bottle of Lanzarote wine, but not a relaxing experience. Our main course came to our table while we were still eating our starters. We pointed out that we were still eating; the waiter took our meals away and brought them back as he cleared our starter plates away, certainly quite cold by this time. I had to remind them about my order of chips, which came towards the end of the meal. My husband ordered the fish of the day,cerne, but was served a different fish. We were not offered coffee or dessert. However, the chips and the wine were excellent.
Don't use this restaurant unless you are in a hurry to do something else afterwards.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed January 19, 2018

We were staying near Arecife and hired a car to dive round this wonderful island. We visited the vineyards and the National Park on this amazing island and ended up in Playa Blanca at lunch time. We spotted this restaurant. It looked simple classic and fish focussed.

The staff were welcoming. The selection of fish dishes was first rate. I had a rich varied fish soup with great flavours followed by perfectly cooked grilled squid. My wife had grilled prawns to start and grilled while fish to follow. It was all washed down with an excellent, delicious, local, dry, white, Malvasia.

The restaurant was quite empty when we arrived but by the time we left at around 14.00 it was packed with locals, regulars and tourists. They know value for money, which was great.

1  Thank Woollybear
Reviewed January 11, 2018

We picked this out from reviews on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed. I had the grilled octopus as a starter - a very generous and tasty portion - and my wife and I had fish of the day as a main course. There were three different fish on offer and the two we had were simply but perfectly cooked.

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Visited this afternoon after wanting to go many times before. Traditional Spanish fish restaurant. Staff polite and friendly. I had mixed fish and my wife the grilled squid . Both meals delicious and we left feeling full and satisfied. Prices were very reasonable indeed. Can heartily recommend!

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

We decided to return here as we enjoyed it last year and we both like seafood. We had garlic prawns and padron peppers to start and seafood paella for our main and a bottle of Rioja. Starters were very tasty, a huge dish of paella arrived with mussels and 2 large prawns decorating the top. It was full of seafood with plenty of flavour. We give it a good try but had to leave some maybe having the starters was too much. Will return to try the fresh fish.

Date of visit: November 2017