“Best restaurant in Playa Blanca”

Atlantico Bar Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 211 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Steak Restaurant Playa Blanca - Fish & Seafood Restaurant Playa Blanca - Tapas - Burger Takeaways Lanzarote Playa Blanca
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We visited this restaurant early one evening, don't let it's outside appearance put you off. We were seated on the balcony and had a lovely view of the sunset. The couple that run it were fantastic friendly etc. They explained every dish on menu. Our food was supurb. I have been to To Playa Blanca many times and this is my number one restaurant. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank motherofthebride1
There are newer reviews for Atlantico Bar Restaurant

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We visited Atlantico after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. The staff are very friendly and happy to advise on menu choices. The pace is not rushed at all so if you have plenty of time to relax and enjoy an excellent meal then this is the place for you. On both nights we visited we were treated to free dessert and delicious drinks to finish (toffee vodka is my new favourite drink!). We understand that they have been open only since February last year so to be rated so highly on Trip Advisor says a lot about the quality of the food and the hard work put in by all the staff. Definitely recommended. Thanks for a lovely evening, John and Gill (from Wales).

4  Thank gillyathome
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I thought this was among some of the best restaurants I have ate at. The staff were very attentive and patient towards the kids. Best staff I have ever seen in a restaurant, food was also amazing. My wife had the shark and it was absolutely fantastic. My son ate the freshly caught sardines which totally met my high standards. Hidden away; but a lovely place to eat definitely worth going to, to enjoy a nice family meal. Even if you're going as a couple, amazing place.

6  Thank Samantha J
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Like most visitors to Playa Blanca my wife and I headed for the sea front restaurants for our meals but it soon became obvious that in the main the food was pretty much same and after a very bad experience in the Brisa Marina we decided that the better restaurants would be away from the sea front area. We saw the reviews for the Atlantico on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. Without doubt it was the best food and service we had all week, pity it was our last night otherwise we would have returned.

We were shown to a balcony table which gives views over the sea, the waitress (I'm sorry to say I didn't get her name) offered us bread and olives while we waited for our starter. Both my wife and I had grilled fish for our main course, I didn't know that cod could be made so tasty, the potatoes and vegetables were fresh. After the main course we were not offered a sweet menu but were given cake and cream on the house, another nice touch. After coffee instead of the normal honey drink you are offered at most restaurants we had the choice of various drinks.

I cannot fault the service and food. If you are visiting Playa Blanca don't get sucked into the sea front restaurants for all your meals. You almost certainly will not do any better than the Atlantico.

2  Thank Kenwilko
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We turned up without booking but were given a lovely seat out on the balcony. The waitress was happy to explain some of the dishes too us and at no point did we feel pressured.
We did have to wait a while for our however (It looked like they may have been short staffed that night) but when it arrived it was absolutely sublime. I had the Mexican steak and it was cooked to perfection. My partner too had nothing but good things to say about her food.
At the end of our meal the waitress came up and apologised for the length of time it took to get our food out and gave us our desserts for free.. The chef too came out and thanked us for our custom and apologised for any delays. I hasten to add at no point had I complained as I didn't find it a problem in the slightest.
I joy to eat here, I would bighly reccomend.

2  Thank AllyFandango