“Another great meal”
Review of Plaice in the Sun

Plaice in the Sun
Ranked #11 of 201 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award winning fish and chips, voted the best in the Canary Islands. Don't settle for less. If your fed up with eating frozen French fries, come in and try our home made chips, Just like back home. Open 12.00 until 10pm Tuesday to Sunday (CLOSED MONDAYS)
Manchester UK
“Another great meal”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We ate here a couple of nights ago and really enjoyed what we had. I had roast chicken and chips for €6:20 and it was far better than the same meal I had on Tuesday at lannis bar and grill which was more expensive.

The staff are very friendly and made us feel very welcome.

Visited March 2014

Tenerife
“Proper fish and chips!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My Dad ran a highly successful fish and chip shop for 35 years, so I know what good fish and chips taste like. My Dad would have been proud to know Jeff. No meat is ever allowed to contaminate the oil the fish is cooked in, and the result is perfectly flavoured fried fish. If your jaded taste buds are in need of a plate of honest,well cooked food, then this is the place (plaice!) to go.

Visited March 2014
Hampshire
“Not impressed”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice, the first time 'cod and chips'. Cod? Very small piece of fish and not cod as I know it. Disappointed but, hey, let's try it again. This time I had a Pukka chicken pie. They are advertised everywhere and must be good. What I got was a soggy load of inedible pastry, about two small pieces of chicken and half a small mushroom. To be fair, the owner was very apologetic and didn't charge for the pie. The fish for my husband was the same as before.

Visited January 2014
7 Thank nannup11
Leigh50, Owner at Plaice in the Sun, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi Mannup11, I would be interested in what you think (cod) is. On all the packaging that our fish arrives in it does say (COD) and we pay quite a hefty price to get the (COD) exported from the uk. The size of the (COD) varies from 5 to 8oz fillets. Most people are more than happy with the size of the meals we serve, but I suppose it's impossible to please everybody all the time. As for your complaint that there wasn't enough filling in the Pukka pie !!!!!!! I did listen to you and did NOT charge you for the pie (which you did eat) by the way. but I think this complaint needs to be taken up with maybe the Pukka pie company?? as it has nothing to do with us how much chicken they put in their chicken pies. But thank you for your two visits and please do drop in again the next time your in Playa Blanca
Kind regards Jeff.
Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
“AGAIN THE BEST FISH CHIPS IN THE WORLD”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I think I have died and gone to heaven,
freshly made beautiful fish with the most amazing melt in the mouth batter.
I have been here three times over the past year and never fails to produce a fantastic meal
Ice cold glasses and first class service

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ann G
Playa Blanca, Spain
“a great " plaice" to eat fish'n chips”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

During our recent stay in Playa Blanca we had two " take-aways" and we eat in once, and on all three occasions the cod and chips were really tasty and good value.

• Visited March 2014