“Great fish and chips”
Review of Plaice in the Sun

Plaice in the Sun
Ranked #22 of 218 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award winning fish and chips, voted the best in the Canary Islands. Don't settle for less. If your fed up with eating frozen French fries, come in and try our home made chips, Just like back home. Open 12.00 until 10pm Tuesday to Sunday (CLOSED MONDAYS)
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had takeaway fish and chips one night and the fish was beautiful so fresh really nice! Lovely chips and mushy peas were great!

1  Thank Rach1286

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am not sure what a couple of recent reviewers were thinking about. This is a simple fish and chip shop/resaurant, but the main point is that the food is outstanding - probably the best fish and chips in the known universe, or at least in the parts that we have visited. The fish (cod) was perfectly cooked; the batter was thin and perfectly crisp. The chips would not have been out of place in a high class gastropub. For us, the portion size was perfect. If you prefer a huge plate loaded with greasy soggy batter and a congealed mass of chips, then this is not the place for you. The service is also quick and friendly. The beer is wonderfully cold in really iced glasses. The prices are not low, but in comparison to what you can pay for pretty poor food in Playa Blanca, they are reasonable. The setting is not perfect - in a commercial centre with some closed units, presumably due to the recession, but if you sit outside you have great view over the sea.

1  Thank Nosnai
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Friendly service great fish and chips warm and fresh cooked to order. Our plates were clean and our tummys full. Would recommend this to all. Thank you.

1  Thank Martin P
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a proper no nonsense old fashioned fish and chip shop, situated in a sort of mall and not very clearly signed. Just ask if unsure. I was sceptical of some of the reviews about "best fish and chips" , but I eat my words. The fish and chips were truly excellent ( my father used to manage a fish and chip chain ) the batter was perfect across the whole of the cod and consistently cooked - not easy to achieve. Chips I rarely eat but I scoffed the lot. My wife really enjoyed hers also and ate all her meal, again unusual for her. Portions are good and the owner is a decent chap from Leeds who has only been in the business for 4 years, I was amazed as good fish and chips are adding art here in London. Yes it is a bit more expensive (not much) but the fish has to be air freighted in. Really enjoyable.

1  Thank adrianjohndunbar
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were very disappointed in this plaice. You have a choice of two fish - imported frozen cod or the local fish they compared to haddock. We tried both, the local fish was terrible and nothing like haddock while the very small cod was a little better. Only salt & vinegar are provided on the plastic table covers and you have to request tartare & tomatoe sauces as they are not offered by the staff. For what you get, the food is way over priced and not surprised it's closed Mondays & Tuesdays. I would not recommend this plaice at all

8  Thank davidwrhitchcock