“Worst dining experience ever”

Trattoria il Commendatore
Ranked #32 of 207 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Worst dining experience ever”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had the misfortune to visit this restaurant last week with my wife, son and his girlfriend and it is no exaggeration to say it is the worst dining experience we have ever had. From the moment we stepped in to the restaurant to be greeted by unhelpful dour staff to the moment we left this was a shocking experience. We were staying at the Hotel Volcan on the marina and opted to dine at Il Commendatore instead of dining in the hotel restaurant, what a mistake. We were shown to a table with five chairs when there was a free table for four available. When asking if we could sit at the free table for four, the sullen waiter insisted that we sit at the table for five which meant there was an empty seat at the end of the table, absolutely ridiculous! After about fifteen minutes wait, a waiter eventually asked for our drinks order and gave us menus. Another ten minutes and we eventually got our drinks and decided to order from what was a set menu for Hotel Volcan guests. I chose what was descibed as a meat soup only to be told that this was finished and a creamy tomato soup was available. I chose this and the other three people in our party chose what was descibed as a chicken pate. After ten minutes my "soup" came but no sign of the cold starters. I tasted the "soup" which was thick enough to dance on and tasted like a thick tomato sauce. On asking the waiter about the other starters , they eventually came and were disgsting. The pate had walnuts through it and the presentation was horrific. None of us finished our starters and when the waitress took our plates away she asked if we had enjoyed them to which we replied that we had not. She just smiled and took the plates away. When we had originally ordered our mains we had asked the waiter what the special sauce on my swordfish main was and he didn't know and said he would speak to the chef. He came back and said it was a spicy tomato based sauce. My son ordered macaroni, my wife ordered chicken and my son's girlfriend ordered fish fillets. My swordfish came as nugget sized pieces covered in guess what? the same disgusting tomato sauce that passed as my soup ,vegetables piled on top of each other and potaoes which looked like uncooked fritters. My son's macaroni came as penne with the same disgusting sauce as did my wife"s chicken which was not quite cooked and the same uncooked "roast potatoes" as mine. My son's girlrfriend's fish came in a batter and looked fine but completely lacked taste apart from the hair she found in it. You might ask why we didn't leave which we all really wanted to do after the initial ten minutes but we were hungry and wanted to see if we could have one course of the meal which was edible. Again the waitress asked if we had enjoyed the mains and all of us said that we did not and that the same sauce (soup) seemed to be used in more or less every meal to which she just laughed and took the more or less full plates away. Three of us ordered ice cream and my son's girlrfriend ordered what was descibed to her by the waiter as cranberry cheesecake. The ice cream when it came looked like a dog's dinner and the cheesecake was actually tirimasu which she hates. By this point we had decided to make a joke of the whole thing as taking it seriously would have been worse. We got the bill and left without leaving a tip. All in all a horrendois experience and if anyone is thinking of going there - be well warned

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Russ676

• Polish first
Leics
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent quality”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wonderful food and service enjoyed by the whole family. Location over-looking the boats in the marina is superb with the unique feature of glass panels in the floor where you can watch fish swimming below. Certainly a restaurant we look forward to visiting whenever we get the chance.

• Visited August 2013
Dingwall, Scotland
“Very enjoyable meal”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Arrived approx 9.30pm with no booking (after a disaster at the nearby Cafe del Mar) and were greeted by a charming waitress who provided great service throughout. Very friendly and attentive staff.
The Fillet steak was excellent and a Pizza was also enjoyed across the table, no complaints whatsoever, very good.

• Visited July 2013
Lanzarote, Spain
“Should come with a health warning!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This resturant is. One of the most disgusting places we have ever eaten and the staff should all be sacked...
The food was all cold and the response was you pay for the view...
Need i say more.
Would i go back NO
Would I recommed it NO

• Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“beautiful food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

great, my 2nd meal there 2 years on the trot, lovely food, nice atmosphere, friendly welcoming staff, value for money, would certainly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013