“Honeymoon Curry!”
Review of Spices - CLOSED

Spices
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Malmesbury
“Honeymoon Curry!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We like our Indian food, so felt if only fair to indulge whilst on our honeymoon.
The service was fantastic, all the staff lovely. The food was very good, although my husbands vindaloo was not very spicy, the flavour was great. We would recommend, the views are stunning, especially sunset & the moon rising!
Thank you Spices!

1 Thank gezabella

Glasgow
“nom nom nom”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We ate here 3 times out of a weeks long stay 2 years ago and this time we went another twice. Can recommend their chicken tikka masala and the pashwari nan bread.

Gorgeous setting, staff are excellent and free wfi.

Liquors after dinner are huge :)

• Visited March 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Well worth going to this place for quality Indian nosh. A bit pricier than some, but well worth it. All the food was freshly cooked and the staff were pleasant and attentive.

Visited March 2013
Liverpool, England
“Fabulous food and excellent service”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I LOVE Indian and Bangladeshi food so much so I ate here 3 nights in the week we stayed at Playa Blanca.
The food was wonderful, from the light, tasty naan bread to the delicate fish, the jeera rice is a wonderful contrast to the King Prawn Phall. A Phall is very hot but the inclusion of the peppercorns give it a wonderfully citrusy taste.
The Chiili pakora starter was hot but so tasty, the lamb dishes were cooked to perfection.
Great location where you can sit and watch the Armas/Fred Olsen come in, and the moon come up over the Marina.
Attentive and friendly staff, spotless bathrooms and great value for what you get.
I looked forward to returning for a whole year since my last visit, I wasn't disappointed.
Go if you love tasty food with generous portions.
I wish I was there now!

• Visited February 2013
“Expensive but probably worth it”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Spices is on the main promenade, with inside and outside tables, overlooking the beach and ferry terminal - a good position for sunset-watching. This was our second visit, having been impressed this time last year. It didn't disappoint. Let's be clear - if you're on a tight budget, don't bother! Although...the dishes are large enough to share, and the chicken biryiani could probably feed a hungry couple.

The fish pakora starter was a little dry, but raita and mango chutney sorted that. My chicken dhansak was lean and tender (I'm fussy about my chicken) and I couldn't manage the whole portion of rice. My husband had the chicken biryiani and got only about half way through.

Service was attentive but not overpowering, and nicely rounded off with a choice of complimentary liqueurs to finish.

• Visited February 2013