“Canarian Fish Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Jose

Casa Jose
Ranked #88 of 197 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Canarian Fish Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Authentic dishes, friendly & efficient service, great atmosphere = wonderful experience. Great seafront location, great buzz around area

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Carluke, United Kingdom
“Make friends with the staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was a bit haphazard since the waiter had little English and we had no Spanish. Confusion reigned when dishes were brought out and we witnessed another couple questioning the bill. Food was pretty good and fresh. Kid is a bit tough and mostly bone so wouldn't recommend. We chaffed the waiters and ended up having good (confusing) banter. The vodka caramello brought out at the end was excellent and flowed freely.
We enjoyed the evening.

• Visited July 2013
Royton
“Awful Meal & Rip-Off – Avoid!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have been going to Playa Blanca for a number of years and we had, without doubt, the worst meal EVER at Casa Jose. We have avoided the place in the past as it has always seemed empty, but this year there were a few more people eating whenever we passed so we decided to give it a try – Silly mistake!!!

We had starters of Garlic Prawns (the only decent dish of the meal), and Fish Soup (with hardly any fish). For the main meal I asked for the grilled sole, was told they had sold out, and was offered a white fish “like sole” instead, which I didn’t realise meant the fish of the day at €15. This came with a measly salad, and surprisingly no Canarian Potatoes. My wife had Garlic Chicken, she asked for with Canarian Potatoes with this and one was rotten, plus this dish was served without any veg/salad at all and looked very lacklustre indeed – All this for €48!!! At the end of the “meal” I had to request the bill three times – I think they liked the idea of us sitting at a table next to the window so they looked nice and busy.

1 Thank Penguin063
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Disastrous Meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My friend and I visited Case Jose and had the worst meal and service ever. We were told about a 3 fish dish special with no price quoted, which we declined. My friend ordered lasagne, only to be told it was off that day! and 1 goat stew, something I was looking forward to as I had never eaten goat. My friend then settled for a mixed pork platter. When they arrived hers looked like a plate of spam (remember that?) and salad, and mine was just a plate of dried up bones with meat attached with a few canarian potatoes. We decided to make the best of it, and eat what we were served as the communication was difficult. We also had a bottle of house wine. So that was 3 items.
When the bill arrived there were 5 items, some bread which we did not have, a 16 euro goat dish which I didn't order but apparently the dried up bones were very expensive !!! I pointed out to the waiter the meal we had ordered on the menu which with the wine totalled 25 euros, more than enough for the unappetising meal. But he insisted our bill was 35 euros. We put our 25 euros on the table and left, only to be pursued by a very angry young man, demanding more money, saying there was tax to pay ??? we begrudgingly left another 4 euros. I noticed on following days that while all the other restaurants around were packed, Casa Jose only had 2 or 3 people dining. A lesson to be learned I think!!

1 Thank seasonedtraveller491
Playa Blanca, Spain
“A very disappointing meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was a wet and windy night and as we got out of the car we spottes Casa Jose across the road. It looked Ok and seemed to be busy. We ordered two starters, two mains and a bottle of house wine. The wine and bread arrived quckly. We then waited, and. waited about 40 minutes. A waiter then arrived with our main courses. He didn't understand when I tried to tell him we hadn't had our starters. There was no real apology although a young lady did bring four slices of cheese and four olives to keep us going.The starters arrived some 15-20 minutes later. It was some further 15-20 minutes before our main course arrived. . The food was pretty awful, fried bits of rabbit and salty potatoes, no veg. Service was terrible, no apologies . Not a place we'll visit again. I should have checked on Tripadvisor first!

1 Thank Epernay51