“Fantastic!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Villa Rosa

Villa with sun terrace ,garden with views over pool area
View from the villa onto the large pool area Hall way into the villa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Villa with sun terrace ,garden with views over pool area
View from the villa onto the large pool area
Hall way into the villa
Lounge area
Designer luxury kitchen
Eat in Kitchen
outside the villa
master bedroom with extended balcony & sea view
Clifftop restaurant overlooking the papagayo beach
Second bedroom
Papagayo beaches
Marina Rubicon
Marina Rubicon
Marina at night
Marina 5 minutes walk away from the villa
Marina shops
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Jackie080...
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Villa dirty and uncared for. Uncaring owner.”
Reviewed August 27, 2018 for a stay in July 2018
people found this review helpful

Our family of 5, to include our 13 month old grandchild, have recently returned from a 2 week holiday at Villa Rosa. We have substantial and clear photographic evidence of the uncared for state of Villa Rosa which we found to be dirty and poorly maintained both indoors and out. I have attached some photos. Please note the dirty tissue is from cleaning just one of the patio door tracks. During our stay we met with Laura’s property manager who accepted our concerns. On our return we contacted Laura, the owner, providing our photographs. Her response was to deny virtually every issue we had found and she refused to discuss anything. Please see earlier review from my husband Deryck which gives more details.

This was all most unfortunate as Villa Rosa is probably the most spacious villa on this lovely complex which has a great location.

Worth noting is that immediately adjacent to the complex is a hotel construction site. We were not made aware of this at the time of booking. This, but more importantly, the poor state of Villa Rosa spoilt our much anticipated family holiday.

We hope that our reviews will be helpful to others.

Date of stay: July 2018
Aug 30, 2018
To all my lovely long standing customers you will know that what this lady and her husband in the only other 1 star review are saying is totally and utterly rubbish !!
To any future and potential customers please do not hesitate to contact me if you want any further information on the rubbish this family have written . The fact that my lovely villa is full of repeat customers speaks volumes
JohnR1576
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 13, 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

My family and I spent a wonderful week in this lovely villa. It had everything we could wish for and more... The villa itself is beautiful, clean and well maintained (true to the photos).

We have already made contact with the owner to re-book the villa for next year. Thanks Laura for all you help and your local knowledge that you supplied to make this holiday a perfect one!

Your age range 35-49
Deryck W
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Villa Rosa - Very Tired - Needs Refurbishment”
Reviewed August 5, 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

There are several reviews on TripAdvisor & HolidayLettings about Villa Rosa that are graded Good and Excellent and these recommendations, combined with the marketing information provided by the owner, gave me the confidence to book it for a precious two week summer holiday with my family, to include our 13 month old grandchild.

This is an honest review of my recent holiday experience at Villa Rosa which is supported by photos of many of the problems which were found.

I had intended to leave a short review but as there is so much for me to say this proved impossible.

Some or perhaps all of the photos used to market Villa Rosa appear to be old. This is clear to me as the hedge and other plants in the villa’s garden are no longer there. Also the pool now has attractive safety fencing with secure gates which are not shown in the photos published.

In hindsight and before booking I realise that I should have asked the following questions:-

What has been done to freshen up the interior and re-equip the villa in recent years?

In my view this should include renewal of worn kitchen equipment, cutlery, crockery and glassware, replacement of much of the interior furniture, fixtures and fittings, particularly the shower units, blinds and curtains, outdoor furniture and replacement of the BBQ as this is old and has a broken handle. Also properly fitted and functioning smoke alarms should be installed.

Even in its tired state, if Villa Rosa had been properly cleaned and the outdoor space kept clean, tidy and free of weeds it wouldn’t have been so bad. When comparing it to other equivalent, reasonably priced holiday villas and apartments hired by me in recent years, Villa Rosa is very poor.

Does Villa Rosa have a current Spanish/Canary Islands Government Certificate/Licence permitting short term holiday letting?

After our return, when I became aware of this, I asked to see a copy but the owner, Laura, did not respond to my request. I discovered that my family could have been at risk during our stay if Villa Rosa was not properly licensed, due to potential pubic liability insurance issues. I believe this to be true but there is some conflict of opinions from region to region in Spain. Also our passports were not taken for registration with the authorities, the Guardia Civil, as is required by Spain’s holiday residency regulations.

To continue, I will not go into all of the problems that my family and I found, but will make the following few points.

On the evening of our arrival a member of my family (a person of regular weight around 90kg / 198lb / 14st) sat on one of the faded looking sun loungers in Villa Rosa’s garden area and it ripped (photo available), collapsing under him. Fortunately no injury occurred. When we text the owner, Laura promised to contact her local property manager and replace it ASAP, but nothing happened during our stay. The sun lounger cushions were very dirty (photo available). These have zipped covers so they could have been laundered. Some cushion sets were damaged or missing and there were not sufficient cushions for the six loungers available. The outdoor furniture was worn and dirty with poorly fitting glass tops which discouraged us from eating outdoors. At this point perhaps we should have anticipated further problems but we were on holiday and aiming to have a good time.

Villa Rosa is probably the most spacious villa on this most attractive complex, which has a lovely, good-sized swimming pool. It’s also in a great location, being handy for Marina Rubicon. However, we found that Villa Rosa is more than 1 mile (1.6km) away from Playa Dorada, taking us about 25 minutes at a steady walking pace. Also Playa Blanca town centre (with more restaurants etc.) is a 30 minutes or so walk, just beyond Playa Dorada, again at a steady walking pace. Perhaps the owner’s 10 minutes away comment from Playa Dorada means when travelling by car but this is not made clear.

On a positive note the owner recommends hiring a car. I agree with this and hired a very reasonably priced car from Auto Reisen at the airport and would suggest car hire to anyone planning to visit the lovely beaches or to explore more of what Lanzarote has to offer. Parking near Flamingo Beach (Playa Flamingo) was easy on areas alongside the road named Calle Tenerife. Our family also found parking easy close to the nearer beach of Playa Dorada. Don’t miss the Timanfaya Volcanic Park (arrive early to beat the bus tours) and drive on to see the amazing ‘lava tubes’ former home of Lanzarote’s famous son César Manrique. Perhaps continue to the nearby former capital of the island, the pretty and typical small town of Teguise and have lunch by the church.

Sadly, back to the Negative Stuff:-

I have many photos of the poor state of Villa Rosa which I would be happy to share should readers of this review wish to get in touch. I would also be pleased to share any other information as requested. I would not normally do this but it is in response to a comment made by the owner, to a previous review posted by ‘Jackie0805’, a family member, where they offered to share their opinions on us. I am simply offering to do the same.

Our family are not compensation claimers. We are honest people and my review is genuine. All reviews are, of course, personal observations.

I understand that criticism is never easy to make or take but the comments made in my review about our ‘Villa Rosa experience’ are honest and meant to be constructive. It was difficult and upsetting to bring these to the attention of the owner. Although the state of Villa Rosa spoilt our family holiday we decided to make the best of it as finding suitable alternative accommodation for a family of five would not have been easy. It was also quite simply unaffordable as we had already paid for our stay at Villa Rosa so had spent our accommodation budget.

I can’t understand why recent guest reviews did not spot the lack of care, superficial cleaning and presence of dirt, lack of maintenance, old and worn out items and safety and hygiene issues both indoors and out which were so apparent to me and my family as they would have taken a long time to accumulate. These issues are fully supported by my photos.

During our holiday I politely pointed out several of the early problems to Laura, the owner, but her response was generally sadly lacking. My wife and I also had a frank and open discussion with the owner’s property manager who came to visit us during our stay at Villa Rosa.

Upon our return home, in an email to Laura, I detailed many of the issues found at Villa Rosa. These were supported by my photos but she refused to give me any response, other than to deny virtually all of these problems and totally omitting to make any reference to the attached photos. At the end of her email Laura stated that she would not have any further discussion with me so at this point I had no option but to involve Holiday Lettings/TripAdvisor customer services.

I am relieved that I have my photos as they provide a clear record. This is something I have never had to do before. In hindsight I wish that I had photographed everything that we found to be wrong but I simply did not expect the owner to show such a lack of responsibility, interest or caring.

Yes, after all this upset I did, quite reasonably I think, hope to get some compensation for our spoilt holiday but can only stress that I have NEVER MADE A CLAIM FOR COMPENSATION BEFORE. I do not make a habit of this as the owner has suggested in a TripAdvisor review management response.

I am happy for readers of this review to contact me or Jackie0805.

Staying at Villa Rosa was the worst holiday experience we have ever had.

Date of stay: June 2018
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 13, 2018
To All my lovely customers - this is the husband of the lady whom put the other 1 star review. same family unsure why they had to put 2 separate reviews??
VILLA OWNERS BE AWARE This family are the worst guests I have ever come across - compensation claimers -DO NOT RENT TO THEM Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information and see the review below from the family whom left the day this family arrived as they left a genuine review"
Mike S
Manchester
“Fabulous Villa in a great location.”
Reviewed August 2, 2018 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

We have stayed at Villa Rosa each year for the past 4 years. Last year we rented the Villa for a month and as we continue to be impressed by the quality of the Villa and its location we have rebooked for a month this September.

The Villa has three generous bedrooms, a well equipped kitchen with dining room and plenty of external space.

It has always been immaculately presented and is convenient for the Marina with its numerous restaurants. We look forward to returning to the Villa very soon and highly recommend others to give it a go.

Date of stay: September 2017
County Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed July 12, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Jul 26, 2018
Many thanks Ailish
Look forward to welcoming you again in the future
StevieChe...
Cheshire
“Great duplex in an excellent location”
Reviewed March 24, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Villa Rose is a lovely 3 bed duplex apartment on a quiet complex. I would say it’s got the best position, having a larger terrace than others in a great position that gets the sun but also provides shade too.

The duplex is well furnished and the kitchen has everything you need if you want to cook. There is also a utility upstairs. The main bedroom has a balcony overlooking the pool with chairs and sunloungers.

The complex is in a great position; you can walk to a good Hyperdino supermarket within 5/10mins and the same distance the other way to the Marina Rubicon, which has great places to eat and drink and a big market is held there every Wednesday and Saturday.

Laura provided all the info needed before we arrived and we will certainly book again if we are in Lanzarote. Thanks Laura.

Date of stay: March 2018
Jul 26, 2018
Many thanks Stevie for your honest review
We would welcome you bank no problem next time in Lanzarote
All the best
Angela R
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great holiday villa”
Reviewed October 14, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Spacious holiday villa situated about a kilometre from the Marina Rubicon. A real home from from home. Very well equipped kitchen. Three toilets and 2 showers so great for a larger party. The complex was quiet and the communal swimming pool was very close and never crowded - sometimes we were the only people in it. No air conditioning but 2 sliding doors downstairs and fans in the bedrooms. Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing