“Perfect!”

La Petite Marmite
Ranked #58 of 216 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Last restaurant in the marina before the sea wall.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My partner arranged for me to have my 50th birthday dinner here during a recent boating visit to Lanzarote. The staff were wonderful and the food was excellent. The specials on offer were sensational - worth taking the chef's advice.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had lunch here twice during a recent stay in Playa Blanca with my two children and my parents. Both times it was excellent, we all had different meals and they were all delicious especially the fish special. The service was very friendly and they spoke excellent English. On one occasion it was a little slow as they were busy on market day, not that we were bothered as we were one holiday and in no rush. However, they gave us a round of complimentary drinks to apologise for the delay even though we hadn't complained, I thought that was a nice touch.
I think they were pretty good value too, I don't think you get a meal of equivalent quality for that price in the UK.
All in all a great find and I would definitely go back if I visit Playa Blanca again.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The restaurant looked nice and advertised free wi fi. No free wi fi for me for some reason!
Then the food which we had been given to understand was amazing, not so, I like my fish cooked but this was very overcooked and rubbery and ridiculously expensive! will not be going there again. Top price for poor food, every item charged for, slow service, no smiles.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We popped in during the afternoon for a snack.If you ask for the menu you get the main menu not the snack menu.I ordered a salmon and cucumber baguette which was smoked salmon which was nice but the baguette was very dry.On the snack prices menu under toasties and baguettes it gives the price of e4.50 for salmon and cucumber but then they charge e.50 for the baguette.It appears to be a popular spot for the brits but we cannot comment on the main meals.The prices seem to be more expensive for what is served to you than other restaurants and we have had better elsewhere.Obviously other people found the main meals better than we found the snacks.

1  Thank n0rmski
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Booked for dinner following a pleasant drink during the afternoon. Chilly evening, so we were inside with very few fellow diners. Starters were fine, but the flambé steak ordered for the main course was not flamed (we had watched previous orders being cooked and flamed close by). My partner's grilled fillet steak was served, as were my vegetables, before my steak even made it into the frying pan, so everything was cold by the time my steak arrived. Meat was nicely cooked, very tender, but not particularly flavoursome. We waited ages to be offered a dessert even though there were no more than 6 other customers; ordered crepes suzettes but they were not served properly, even though the equipment to flame them was readily to hand. Plates were snatched from under our noses almost before we had put down our spoons, but we had to ask for coffee in the end as none was offered. What happens when they're busy?

1  Thank TrevorFord151