“Fantastic holiday-lovely people-missing it already!”
Review of VIK Coral Beach

VIK Coral Beach
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We were a bit worried as thought we would be bored, but on 1st night we were told of a pub 10 mins walk away which showed football and it was great-loads of people in. Enjoyed the complex-excellent value for money-yes the foods not great but its not a massive hotel so can't do loads of dishes. Everything is spotless and the bungalows are massive and clean-you can hear everything going on next door though! We went to Playa Blanca a few times and had a meal there the lst night-its only 5 euros in a taxi. Met some lovely people, everyone talks to each other unlike the bigger hotels! It was very good value and we went to Puerto del Carmen to see the drag show 1 night which was goos. will definitely be back and have stayed in 4 and 5 star before.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SoniaClarke
There are newer reviews for VIK Coral Beach

Reviewed November 16, 2010

Great location for quiet break, but remote, as surrounding area is unfinished, so need a car, can recommend AUTOREISEN.
Villas are fine, very clean, as is the whole complex, the staff are alll very friendly and helpful. The cot provided was excellent.
The nearby volcano is well worth a visit, easy walk to the top, stunning views, and the best part its completey free.
We booked via LOW COST HOLIDAYS.COM and were preasantly surprised we had the support of a local rep on the the Island.
As a mixed group covering three generation,s we all struggled with the food, breakfast and lunch were fine, but the dinner was generally poor, often luke warm and unexciting,
we hope the mangement take note as this lets down a great facility.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We stayed here for a week in November and found the place fine for what we paid. However there are some serious downfalls to this hotel depending on what you are looking for. I can understand that it would be great if you have a family and/or not looking to leave the resort for the duration. However because of the limited drinking/eating area once you had your evening meal like a lot of the other reviews mention there is nowhere to go and sit with a drink other than outside. I saw people staying in the restaurant a few nights but it's not exactly the best atmosphere for this. The food definitely lets the hotel down, it's repetitive and not fresh, left out for too long etc etc. Beware - the apartments are clean and basic BUT the walls are paper thin. We could hear our first neighbours incessant snoring the whole night long. We requested a room change and got allocated another apartment that smelt very damp. 3rd time lucky was an apartment just behind the reception area. This meant that we could hear every word of the evening entertainment which was definitely not a good thing. Overall I wouldn't recommend the place which is a shame because with an improvement in the food and facilities it could be great for families and couples alike.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lolls
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed at Club Coral Beach in October half term with two older children (14 and 21). I can't praise the staff enough - they were friendly and extremely helpful at all times. Lucy and Tatiana (entertainment) tried very hard to include everyone and this made the holiday even better. Rooms were cleaned/ fresh towels every day except Wed. The food was plentiful and although not everything was to my taste, there was always something I could eat. We arrived late and they had put us salads, rolls/butter, fruit and water in the villa, which was not expected but very welcome.
It is a little remote if you like nightlife, but Playa Blanca is only 10 mins or so by taxi and about 5 Euros. There is a free bus to Playa Blanca morning afternoon and evening and if going out for the day, the hotel will provide you with a free packed lunch (if you tell them the day before).
All in all, loved every moment of it and can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank jo_howard
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We stayed here for 7 nights from 17-24 Oct, 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Villa was very nice and spacious - we could not fault the accommodation although some more lighting in the living room area would be appreciated. No problem getting sunloungers although some of these have seen better days and are very uncomfortable. I travel about 7 times a year to spain and canaries on all inclusive basis and this was the most disappointing food I have experienced. Breakfast was fine but lunch and evening meal were what I can only describe as produced on a budget. No prawns, fresh tuna. calamari, paella etc as other 4* hotels provide. Each day it was pizza,chips,pasta, some kind of stew, greasy tastless fish and pork. In fact, I would question if there is a proper kitchen on premises as each day a container lorry would park at the back and unload metal containers - it was a bit like NHS food, overcooked, not kept warm enough and the rice dishes tasted of wallpaper paste. How anyone can rate the food as good, is beyond me. I complained about the food at reception but was told that my feedback would help the hotel to improve - and they even agreed with me that it was not good compared with Papagayo Arena, Lanzarote Princess, Costa Calero etc. The hotel wanted to charge us 10 euros each to shower on our day of departure or 50 euros to keep villa until leaving. I have never been charged for courtesy room even in 3 star hotels. This is the first time I have ever had to eat out whilst on all inclusive and what a treat it was to have a chinese meal in Playa Blanca. I would not return to Coral Beach.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank itchyfeetBallymoney
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I won't go over all the points raised in the recent good reviews, but to say that as a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers, staying for a happy week at Halloween, we concur that the complex is generally very good all round.
The bungalows are spacious and clean, and the complex in general was kept spotless. The reception staff are extremely accommodating and friendly, and a special mention should also go to the restaurant staff, who work tirelessly to continually feed and clean up after the guests, likewise the hard working team of maintenance staff and cleaners. As a matter of fact, the entire hotel staff are exemplary in terms of their general, pleasant demeanour and hard work. In my opinion, they are the hotel's main asset. Well done to them.

Now, my only issue really was with the food served. As a few have mentioned, it was indeed a bit repetitive and in some cases a bit bland for my own taste (and that of my family). It is certainly true that in the week that I was there, the main lunch/dinner focus was on fish, pork and chicken... done numerous ways! Not once was there beef or lamb as an option, which would have been welcome in my case. In fact, we ate out for dinner in Playa Blanca restaurants for 3 of the nights to get what we wanted... in my case, a red meat fix, beit mixed grill or steak. However, we always found something to eat, and mealtimes at the complex seemed to go down well with most people.... you can't please everyone of course.

The hotel is out of the way, and I would advise people to hire a car if they can. Car hire is cheap (ours cost 119 euros for the week) and enabled us to explore a bit, going to El Golfo, Timanfaya National Park, Puerto Del Carmen and Papagayo beach amongst others... all easy drives within 30 minutes.

To conclude, I would certainly recommend this complex and would happily go again tomorrow.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank cfc_7
Reviewed November 4, 2010

just returned from vik club coral beach. our group consisted of adults, teenagers and young children. best holiday ever. beautiful location overlooking the bright blue atlantic ocean with white waves crashing against rocky shore. clean spacious villa type apartments with air con. tv with quite a few channels. cartoons for the little ones! great variety of food in the restaurant which is just a stone throw away from your villa. loads of fish, meat, veg, salad and fruit as well as chips and burgers for fussy eaters! my four year old loved freshly made pancakes in the morning! five minute walk to local mini market for those who require a news paper or cigarettes! free bus to beautiful beach in playa blanca. journey taking about 20 mins. for the more energetic you can walk to beach along the gorgeous rocky sea front and admire the atlantic ocean and view of fuerteventura! there is a purpose built path and the walk takes around 45 minutes. 6.5k.
if you chose to stay at the hotel pool then it is lovely and clean with a friendly lifeguard watching so you can relax with small kids around the pool. vik coral is a small cluster of villas so we never had to queue for food or drinks. evening entertainment finished at 11pm so no late night noise at all, just the sound of the sea! all the staff at the vik coral were friendly and welcoming from the reception staff who couldn't have been any more helpful and polite to the room service staff and the kitchen staff. i have to finish this review by saying that what really made our holiday so much fun and gave us so many memories was lucia and tatiana the two entertainment girls. they were just lovely. they had soooo much energy and adults and kids alike loved them. we only knew them for one week but will miss them most of all. they arrive in the morning and leave at 11.00 at night providing kids club ( our little ones loved painting and creating halloween costumes and calving pumpkins ) they also put on water polo, table tennis, aqua aerobics, darts, pilates, mini disco and brilliantly funny games and quizzes! i can`t praise them enough. the halloween show they put on involving the kids was fantastic. thank you girls and all the staff at the hotel for a truely wonderful holiday. all those reading this don`t take my word, book now and go see for yourselves :)

• Stayed: October 2010