“Fantastic location, amazing staff and real find”
Review of VIK Coral Beach

VIK Coral Beach
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Having read the reviews on here I expected the place to be amazing. What we found far exceeded that. The bungalows are in two categories ours being the basic, well it certainly wasn't. We had everything we needed, it was clean and the the view to the sea was superb. The staff bent over backwards allot being interns from overseas they put us Brits to shame with their multiple lingual skills. Carlos, Jose and all the restaurant staff work their guts out BUT I have to say the most incredible was Stefi our animation manager who worked on her own tirelessly all day and night to make us laugh till our sides split. The resort is set on top of the cliff and the have a chill out bar that opens mid day overlooking the sea. With huge beds chilled music, views to die for and the best cocktails I have tasted an extra three euros we spent allot of time there. On the Wednesday they have a party which is fun. The hotel is about an hour and half walk into the centre of Playa Blanca along a promenade but there is regular buses and a shuttle bus that takes you there. Playa Blanca is a new resort and lovely. The food all inclusive was varied and plentiful as was the drinks. One small comment as a health and safety manager and food critic.... A good idea to get metal covers for the hot food and plastic ones for the cold as flies are not nice. It also keeps the food hotter. Apart from the the island is stunning with allot to to do. Check out the Blue Note jazz bar and Quatre Lunas bar in the Yaixis Hotel.

Room Tip: If you want sea view pay extra they also have three bed vilas too
4  Thank Allthatisjazz
There are newer reviews for VIK Coral Beach

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Extremely large Villas with kitchen, two bedrooms and big terrace with spectacular views of the ocean. Spotless clean and cleaning 3 times a week. The quietness and sound of the waves of the ocean was very relaxing. We had all inclusive and the quality of the food is very good. A lot of variety, every day something else. Our most favorite dishes were the cous-cous dishes, the different rice dishes and the spanish meatballs. The house wine pretty good quality.The buffet selection for both breakfast and dinner is huge and the quality is good (the fruit was absolutely delicious though!). . The staff very friendly and professional. My daughter loved Steffi (animation). She did some really nice activities with the kids and sports for both adults and children ( aqua-gym).

We saw some wonderful sunsets directly from our terrace or from the nice outdoor Chill Out Bar with a cocktail at a reasonable price. In the evening you have the opportunity to have a drink in this nice looking indoor Bar in front of the reception, where most of the evening entertainment is held.

We enjoyed our stay and had a brilliant great relaxing time. This complex is suited for both families with kids and people looking for a quiet time. The views are spectacular. Although it is located 5 minutes car drive from the center of playa blanca the location is perfect and quiet. Taxi into town is about 6,00 € or during the day they have this free bus transfer to the wonderful flamingo beach. The town Playa Blanca is a small touristic lovely fishing villages with some really good restaurants, especially in the harbour of "Marina Rubicon" and a nice long promenade.

We would not hesitate to use this accommodation again - it has everything and is really great. I have worked for more then over 15 year´s now in tourism and have seen a lot of hotels and accommodations in several countries and the VIK Club Coral Beach is definitely one of the better accommodations I have encountered.

Thanks for the great service,

3  Thank Hombre2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

just got back from a girlie holiday at vik coral beach and very nice it was too................but I wont go back ! the accommodation was very good, spacious and spotlessly clean , it contained all you need ( except English tv ) . The staff were excellent and most were very friendly , Steph who does the entertainment works tirelessly , BUT the venue is a pokey little room , which is not up to the task , and the evening entertainment is poor ( not stephs fault , she tries her best ) . our favourite spot is the chill out zone , but they could do so much more with this as it is fab , so relaxing . I`m a fussy eater and at times struggled with the food, but no-one else seemed to have a problem , so I think that was just me ! but my biggest gripe is how far it is from everything , about 5 miles , which meant taxies everywhere . playa blanca was lovely and we found a fab restaurant " volcano tamafaya " ( I think it was called that or something similar ) the pool was a bit murky some days too , not sure why , but put us off a bit , but I will always think of coral beach in a positive way , it just was a little too laid back at night for me .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shelley W
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I took my son to VIK and we had a fabulous week. It was my son's first holiday and I don't think he will ever forget it!

The staff were fabulous from the moment we arrived, couldn't do enough for you. The villa was beautiful, very spacious and well looked after, housekeeping came every other day I think. The pool was clean and well maintained, there were always sun loungers available and most days there was water volleyball or something else going on. The entertainment team are wonderful, very friendly and like to make sure you are enjoying yourself. They have something different on every night and my son loved the mini disco.

The whole resort is very clean and well maintained, the only bugs I noticed were a few flies. They have these four poster bed type things floating about, they are a lovely touch. I imagine it would be magical laying on one with your partner and watching the sun go down but my son just enjoyed pillow fighting with his new friends on them .
It is windy but the weather is so hot and beautiful that the breeze is mostly welcome.

The food is lovely, something different every day, plenty to choose from and sometimes they have more unusual things to try, I tried goat for the first time. The chefs and waiting staff work tirelessly, they are very efficient and happy to help.

The drinks are good quality which is surprising for an all inclusive resort. the bar staff are great and if you are lucky enough to get Raul then go easy on the cocktails, he makes a mean cocktail that will knock you for six!

All in all I can't fault this place, it was a magical week and my son and me both had an amazing week.

Thank you guys for making our holiday so special! :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank that-crazy-one
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here 22nd aug -5th sept family of 5 .. 3 children aged 15 and twin boys aged 5
Upon arrival we were greater by a lovely receptionist with champagne waiting. Our villa was located as requested with the travel agent perfect for us poolside but quiet... Complex is very clean and spacious. The villas are lovely big rooms much bigger than previous holiday villas/bungalows.
All inclusive package was great as a family we had never done all inc before and it was brilliant. Kids loved helping themselves to drinks and ice cream. As for the food it was lovely a wide range of meats veg and salads and deserts. Couldn't fault it !! Staff fantastic. My only downside was like everyone else the location is very remote ... We hired a car for most of our stay and visited playa blanca beaches most days. We did the watermark in playa blanca too which again was brilliant. Overall very good holiday would definetly visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank warriorshaw
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Have just returned home from a lovely stay here with my husband and little boy who is 4. place it's self was spotless. Villas were lovely and big. Maids cleaned it 3 times while we were there. My son liked the kids club. The girl who runs it was really good with kids of all ages and got them all involved. There was always sun beds were u wanted to sit. There was a little park by the pool so u could keep eye on kids while sun bathing.
The only down side to this holiday was the food. Food was cold and tasteless. There was flys all over the food and while eating your food u have to battle with the flys to get to your food 1st. Same food for lunch and dinner. We had to start eating out in the end because my son hasn't eaten much while there.
There was a lovely cafe called lighthouse about 3 mins walk away from villas. The food was lovely here and all home cooked. Worth a few goin.
Would defo go back but would go self catering my self next time. Staff were lovely and I would of face this a 5 out 5 but the food was a really big let down after paying for all inclusive.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Ellen W
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just home from a week at Club Coral Beach with three teenage boys. We were welcomed by a glass of champagne and friendly staff who really couldn't do enough to be helpful. The Villa was large, clean and comfortable with everything we needed. The patio and garden area was lovely. Air con was essential and worked well. The restaurant staff were always polite and the food was varied with a good selection. The all inclusive drinks were generous as were the daily snacks and ice-cream. The food suited all of us including my vegetarian son who was tempted to try all sorts of fresh fish and seafood. The pool area was clean and there was never an issue getting a sunbed or parasol. But the real star of the hotel was the girl running the animation. She was brilliant, an extremely talented dancer with boundless energy who engaged children of all ages (and adults!) to join in the daily activities. The promenade into Playa Blanca provided a beautiful walk in the early morning or evening (too hot to walk far during the day). Montana Roja provided a beautiful backdrop to the hotel and the sunrise over the mountain was stunning. Taxi's from the hotel into Playa Blanca only 5 euro for 4 people. We will definitely be returning to this hotel.

5  Thank k c