“Excellent food, though a little claustrophobic”

La Chalanita Restaurante
Ranked #21 of 197 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worcester UK
“Excellent food, though a little claustrophobic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is very popular at weekends so would recommend making a reservation. All of the sea facing tables were reserved when we arrived. The menu had a good variety of meat & fish and they specialise in Flambe. My husband had the catch of the day which was like bream - he really enjoyed. I had the lamb cutlets which were very good. Portion sizes are good (about 6 cutlets) per person. The only problem was the flambés which made the atmosphere smokey as the upstairs restaurant is quite small area. Otherwise a really nice fine dining restaurant with attentive and friendly waiting staff.

Visited June 2013

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“As good this year as last”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We first dined at La Chalanita 12 months ago on our first trip to Lanzarote. The food is excellent, lovely starter of farm eggs and Iberico ham, we then had chateaubriand (again) (couldn't resist it) which was carved for us at the table, this was followed by flambed bananas again cooked at the table, coffe and liqueurs followed by the complimentary repeat of the liqueurs. Great service, beautiful location and just a little over 100 Euros for the 2 of us. Looking forward to next year.

1 Thank chris-t-wolves1951
Wigan
“Excellent Fine Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My partner & myself have just come back from Playa Blanca after a 2 week holiday. We ate at La Chalanita on 3 occasions as we enjoyed eating there so much . We booked first to ensure we got a window seat for the sea views . The food was excellent and I would recommend the mixed sea food platter , the paella , and the steak dishes , also the flambied strawberries and the chocolate fondant , & the violet creme Bruelle . The service was excellent the owner & waiters could not have been more friendly & helpful . I would highly recommend you try this restaurant for a special night out

Rhondda, United Kingdom
“Food and views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just come back from playa blanca 2 week hols, we found this small but perfect restaurant, book window seat if you can we ate there 3 times this hol ,s staff are great recommend starters garlic prawns ,followed by pork meddalions with red fruit , finish with violet ice cream crème brula .

Ilkley
“Mixed views”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our meal at this seafront restaurant started well with everyone enjoying their starters.Things began to go wrong when the waiter topped up my glass of white wine with red. I accepted his apology but my wife and her friend thought he should have replaced my glass of white wine. The main courses arrived shortly after. The paella that my friend and I had was not the best we have ever had. My wife's grilled sole was significantly overcooked whilst her friend really enjoyed her cannelloni. What really disappointed my wife was that no member of staff asked us, at any point in time, if the food was to our liking. We were left with the feeling that this restaurant, because of it's location, is usually busy and does not have to try too hard to please.