“Lovely italian meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The restaurant is near the Natura Hotel on the extreme Western end of Playa Blanca. It has an excellent, varied menu and is good value for money. The view from the terrace over the bay below is lovely. The staff are very attentive and helpful.

There are newer reviews for Luna Rossa

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very Busy and short staffed at the outset.
Nice authentic pizza and pasta dishes and a reasonable wine list.
Service was a little patchy but put this down to being very busy.
Family friendly and some good ocean views from the balcony.

There were lots of people picking up takeaways also.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Enjoy popping in here inexpensive good views andI like the atmosphere. Had the seafood ravioli which was very nice. Pizzas are good too

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went to this restaurant on my birthday and was somewhat disappoited. There is a wide choice of menu although it is a bit on the expensive side. Our food was not very hot even though an attempt to warm the plates was made. Again the wines were pricey and the whole experience was average.

1  Thank davidwrhitchcock
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I live in Playa Blanca and have never before wrote a review as I feel all restaurants deserve a chance in this economic climite. However I visited this restaurant today for lunch with my husband and was totally disgusted with the food, service and attitude of the serving staff. The restaurant was empty which concerned me but I thought as it was located out of town slightly then maybe the evenings were their busy times. We placed our order with a very miserable waiter and we were served fairly quickly. The pizza bread was very nice and tasted freshly made but the fried mixed fish starter priced at 9.50 euro was cold, soggy, certainty not fresh and a very small portion.
The main courses ordered were chef special ravioli and meat cannelloni. Very basic italian dishes so how can an Italian restaurant go wrong. The ravioli sauce was quite nice but the pasta was very under cooked. I know al dente is correct but practically raw is not. The cannelloni, after having been warned when served it was very hot, was cold and raw in the middle. I had to go find the waiter to tell him of the problem who looked totally put out at having to break off from what he was doing to come and sort out the problem the dish was taken away and eventually came back having been reheated in the microwave so the pasta was hard and chewy. Nobody came back to ask if it was now ok so we finished our drink asked for the bill. It was practically thrown at us and no apology was made for anything or words were spoken. The cannelloni had been deducted from the bill but even after that deduction 42 euro was overpriced. All I can say further is I am very pleased its a couple of km out of town as there are far superior italian restaurants in Playa Blanca centre. Its a shame its not 15 km further away and then my villa guests would not have the unfortunate chance to come across it. I will update my villa info files to hopefully avoid this happening.

2  Thank libby1969