“Me encanta!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Me encanta!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I first visited La Casa Roja in summer 2012 with 3 friends. We had a wonderful night and found the food, atmosphere and wine wonderful so when I returned to Playa Blanca as a single traveller in Jan 2013 I knew I would have to visit again. The restaurant is in a great location on the Marina Rubicon. I really fancied paella but unfortunately on the menu it said for 2 people only. After asking the waiter Txabi he said that of course it was possible for only 1 person. He recommended a great wine which was similar to a Sav Blanc which was a nice change as the other restaurants around seem to stick to basic (and not very pleasing) whites wines by the glass. Paella was wonderful and the service was also excellent and friendly. I must admit I liked it that much I went back on my last night to have the paella again! This really is worth a visit at least once on your holiday, if not twice. It certainly gives the feeling of fine dining which I don't think you get in many other restaurants in Playa Blanca. The waiters were extremely attentive and ensured I had a pleasant evening. I will definately be back in the summer. Thanks Txabi!

• Polish first
Malmo, Sweden
“Good inventive food”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Close to the water with great views. Food and wine a bit more expensive than Casa Brigada. Quality similar but the food is a bit more inventive. We had a king prawn starter as a special which consisted of boiled king prawns served with seaweed in a seawater gelatin and a sorbet of gaspacho. It was stunning. Service professional and friendly but on our first visit the staff were overstretched which lead to quite a wait. Service was much better on our second visit when it was less busy.

Visited January 2013
Gdansk, Poland
“The best place to eat in Playa Blanca and around ...”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

No words to say. The food , the service, the Staff , the Chef are excellent. Amazing menu , very fresh products and great wine , snow white tableclothes and atmosphere. Nothing else you can demand once you're on vacation. We were eating there almost every day for at least lunch durning our 14 day stay. We tried some other places but none could even close reach the same quality. After couple of days of good recomendations of our favourite , entertaining waiter Xabi ( but not Alonso) we were following his specials and he never failed. Finally I'm sure we tried many positions from the menu and many others made by the Chef specially for us.Our 4,5 year old daughter ( fish lover) had her specials everyday prepared the same way , which is very difficult to achive in many restaurants. Above all the view from the outside garden is breathtaking, you sit just a few steps away from yacht marine and enjoy this view when the sun shine and you watsh fish through glass floor just under you.

• Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Smart sophisticated place.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Probably the best place to dine in Playa Blanca. You get what you pay for - you pay more and you get so much more! The dining experience was great with imaginative local aperitifs (on the house), great food and wine. A quality evening out.

London
“Classy Place with Very Good Food and Great Service”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is probably the classiest place in the Marina Rubicon with inventive cuisine and very professional service. Visited 3 times. The smoked salmon, baby eel and avocado start was quite delicious. A really pleasant place to visit and great value for money for the quality.