“Beware the Natural side of the Natura Palace”

TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Orpington Kent England
“Beware the Natural side of the Natura Palace”
Reviewed July 25, 2006

Book this as a last minute deal at local agent, however being the first time I took my little angel of 3 on a holiday abroad, looked to make sure of the additional comforts and cleaniless, so choose the Natura Palace

Overall everything was good, pool cold, but overall nice location main town with a really nice beach 20 minutes walk away . I recommend buying/taking an inflatable boat with any child and swimming out with some bread, they will love feeding the fish.

The main problem with our stay was that there was clear use of pesticides in the room, whilst I was there I had a severe allergic reaction to my hands and feet which caused a burning sensation. went to bathroom to find cockroach on sink top next to my little girls toothbrush and another one in the bath.

. Went to reception/rep (never again will I book with Thomson, reps were useless) asked for immediate room changed was advised hotel was full. had to get to the point of threatening to grab my cases and sit in reception until I was moved before they agreed to move me and was advised they had a room which needed cleaning and would be fully cleaned and then I could move across the hotel. Please note no assistance was offered despite that my hands by now were swollen and covered in blisters which clearly disgusted the receptionist. As I left the receptionist made a comment in Spanish, but which I speak a high degree of spanish, advising to tell the services to ensure the room is sprayed.

When I asked why the room had to be sprayed, it transpired all rooms were being sprayed with pesticides to eliminate a cockroach problem. Asked why was not advised of this, was told that it was not of concern to the guests.

Anyhow went to new room which was poorly cleaned,

After a couple of nights entered new room to find a new guest added to our room, after catching the unwanted visitor, visited reception to ask what I had caught to which the response came,'I am not sure, it looks like a beetle of some kind!' I politely left the little fellow on the desk asking if he could have a new room as ours was already full much to the digust of the receptionist.

As that was our penultimate night, we did a full scale check of the room and made do and was glad to come home

The restaurant staff saved this holiday from being a holiday disaster, the head waiter whose name escapes me, treated us like royalty, and even when my little girl decided to be sick at the table, he arranged for our meals to be delivered to the room. I know he is now working at the Iberostar in Cala Blanca . BUT THAT IS IBEROSTARS GAIN!

The entertainment was excellent and kept us all amused in and out of the water.

It is such a shame that this holiday was marred by the cockroaches, whilst I accept that they are part of the Island, I dont think they should be part of a hotel like the NP

ONE LAST THING - If you hget ill ask for the local hospital do not ask for a doctor at the hotel, you are much better off travelling to an equivalent of an NHS hospital with the E111 or new equilalent. Otherwise it could cost you euros for the medicine tha might not even be appropriate.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank doveney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (802)
  • Polish first
Hesperia Lanzarote
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero
Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote Playa Dorada
Barcelo Teguise Beach - Adults only

Been to TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA

Property: TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA
Address: Urbanizacion Montana Roja, s/n, 35570 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain (Formerly Hipotels Natura Palace)
Location: Spain > Canary Islands > Lanzarote > Playa Blanca
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in Playa Blanca
#2 Romantic Hotel in Playa Blanca
#2 Family Hotel in Playa Blanca
#4 Luxury Hotel in Playa Blanca
Hotel Class:4 star — TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hipotels Natura Palace Hotel Playa Blanca