“Fantastic hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have just come back from our second visit to the Natura palace on 2nd June and had a great time. I asked for an upgrade before we went but was told it would cost me 15e per night each, so I left it, but when we got there they had upgraded us to the annex anyway, so bonus all round! The food was incredible, fantastic selection, but some people were still moaning, you cant please everyone! The swimming pools were a bit alarming, there were a lot of tiles missing on the steps down into the water and on the floor of the pools, you could have cut your feet if you werent careful. One thing we noticed this time was the amount of flies! all day every day, it really got on our nerves, luckily I took some insect repelant which helped a little. Take your own kettle and cups, it was great to be able to sit on the balcony and have your own cup of tea, I also took a small extension lead which 4 sockets on it as there is only 2 plugs in the room. The rooms could do with a little TLC looking a bit tired, but the maid was brill, left replacement towels etc if you needed them. Entertainment was very poor we thought, The Beatles tribute were very good though and the Rock and Roll night was excellent. My husband had some very good games of table tennis with Zidane the entertainment manager who was fantastic, and he actually beat him once, only once though!! We will be going back sometime in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex room 2010 top floor, lovely views
2 Thank Gillian F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Polish first
stoke on ternt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The Natura Palace is a great place, we had our ninth stay there recently. I was a little concerned that we would find that standards, service and quality had slipped a little given the state of the Spanish economy BUT our fears disappeared the moment we arrived, although check in took a while due to the numbers arriving. We had a fabulous room overlooking the pools and close to the sea. I could have spent a forthright on the balcony!
The restaurant staff here are exceptional, nothing is too much trouble, they are quick and efficient, and work very hard. Antonio the deputy maitre'd was very good, and soon knew where we preferred to sit, and always had a smile and a little repartee, things that make the dining experience so special. The variety of food was better than ever with special Italian, Asian, Mexican and Canarian theme nights. The meat is always cooked before you by the chefs, and the choice of accompanying dishes, potatoes, and salads provide a great variety. The desserts are fabulous, with sugar free and other dietary needs well catered for. Try the toffee apple cake on the Canarian night for a real treat!
Relaxing around the pool is a wonderful experience and there seemed to be beds available at any time of the day. However there are those who insist on reserving their spot at 8am, but this is very unnecessary. Certain guests would also reserve beds and then disappear until late afternoon. Why? They would often return to find their beds surrounded by several spare beds anyway as the pool area starts to empty quite quickly after 4pm. The Hotel does not cater much for children, we have been here both in and out of term time, and there is little going on for all ages.
We tend not to bother with the entertainment so cannot comment but the lobby bar has a pianist/sax player most nights. There is a small shop in the hotel providing basics but mostly gifts. Most popular are the English papers but they could stock three times the limited number and selection they have and still sell out. There is a small supermarket close by for a wider selection of goods and drinks. We visited The Arena Bar for the first time to watch our local team on Sky and were very pleased with the ambience, food and service. Others have commented on the distance of the Hotel from the town centre but the walk is comfortable, and taxis and the excellent local bus service provide alternatives.
In a review last year I was a little scathing about a guest asking for porridge at breakfast.............Guess what? a huge cauldron of porridge was available this time every day. That is a measure of the service this Hotel provides from the moment you arrive until you sadly depart.

Stayed May 2013
10 Thank wobbler63
Wigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just got back from Natura Palace. Stayed in several hotels in Playa Blanca but this was our first time at this hotel. We had walked passed it several times and always thought that it looked nice. The hotel is in a quiet area of Playa Blanca and whilst I am happy to stay by the pool my husband likes to go for a walk and there are ample opportunities for walks into Playa Blanca or to the lighthouse in the other direction. Before we went I e-mailed the hotel to request a high floor room with a pool view, not too far from the facilities as I have some mobility problems and the hotel met the request in full. Although not the poshest hotel we have stayed in we found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and with good selection and quality of food (especially the sweet counter). The sea water pool has a few tiles missing but we are aware that there are extensive repairs to the pool being made in the next few weeks. What makes this hotel so special is the staff. We found all staff from reception staff to the bar staff and restaurant staff to be efficient, helpfull and very pleasant. We also met lots of nice people many of them who have been to the hotel several times. Most of the holidaymakers were couples. There were a few families there but it was out of school holidays. All in all it was a great relaxing experience and we will definately return soon.

3 Thank elwig
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I (both 60's) have stayed at the Hotel Timanfaya Palace ten times but our last visit was enough to persuade us to call it a day thanks to a tasteless and insensitive refurbishment and the introduction of an all-inclusive option. The recommendation of a friend persuaded us to try the Natura Palace Hotel, just up the road. What a find it was. We found it in almost every respect an excellent hotel and one to which we will most certainly return. The hotel was spotlessly clean and very comfortable throughout. The staff were without exception efficient, courteous and pleasant and the facilities were excellent. The highlight for us, however, was the restaurant. My wife has coeliac disease and requires a strict gluten-free diet. This is always a cause of some anxiety when visiting a new venue but as far as the Natura Palace is concerned we needn't have worried. The buffet, which was always stacked with countless delicious items, contained an ample supply of gluten- free options all of which were clearly labelled as such. This is something we have not experienced in any other hotel and is a marvellous service. Just a five minute walk up the road from the hotel are a couple of bars and three or four restaurants including one rather special bar (which I believe belongs to the hotel) at which live musical entertainment is available. Half the tables and chairs are in the open air but blankets are given to everyone if it gets chilly. The music and atmosphere is great and the bar provides a superb alternative to the hotel bar and night-club if one is needed. Altogether a great holiday in a great hotel where we met some lovely people. The age range is very mixed.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ronald C
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This really is a very good 4 star hotel.

Very comfortable rooms. Spotlessly clean with excellent staff throughout. Quite sedate, though, and a fair distance from the resort centre. It is perfect for those looking to get away from it all. I had a car so the slightly "on a limb" location was not a problem - but it might be for some. That notwithstanding, the Timanfaya Palace is close by and the H10 Rubicon Palace is even further out.

Food all of very good quality, albeit a bit "samey" despite a couple of theme nights. Would stay on a B&B basis if I were to go again as there is an abundance of good restaurants in Playa Blanca. I thought the safe deposit box situation was a little strange at first but came to rather like the arrangement.

Only 2 small criticisms about the hotel - I didn't like the piped music in the restaurant. And the evening pianist in the bar tinkled the ivories with too much of a flourish for my taste - I prefer someone to just play the tunes as they are without such embellishment.

Otherwise, I do wish the Brits, especially the men, would make a little bit more of an effort when it comes to packing suitable attire for dining. I don't think football shirts and open toed sandles are appropriate at breakfast time let alone in the evening!

Room Tip: Pay a local supplement for a room in the annexe.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank goodtripper
folkestone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

we had a very good holiday and the hotel played a significant part in this. The grounds are lovely, the food excellent and the staff helpful and friendly. WE have visited the Canaries and Lanzarote a number of times before but this was the best experience we have had. We travelled with friends (2) and we were all of the same opinion.
WE are all retired but still active, however the hotel would suite those seeking a fairly quiet holiday rather than lots of riotous activities. We were there during term time so not many children. The hotel is situated a good walk from the centre of Playa Blanca but a very enjoyable walk - also a good bus service. Do not rush to Puerto Del Carman

Room Tip: all appear good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank john w
Thurso, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

First I have to say ,this hotel is gorgeous & very very clean .The staff are wonderful,friendly & very helpful ,from the reception to the dinning staff .
On arrival we were shown to our room(I had asked for sea view) opened curtains & saw a mountain !!!!! Went straight to reception & asked for another room ,the lady on the desk couldnt have been more helpful,she gave me 3 more keys & my husband & I got to choose ,we went to 1209 it has a sea view & no palm trees to spoil your view .Our room was cleaned everyday we were there & fresh towel each day .
As for the food .........how anyone can complain is beyond me We were halfboard ,breakfast you could have what ever you wanted from full english to continental ,the choice was brill & lovely
Dinner ,everynight the choice was amazing (I am a fussy eater)& had no trouble at all everything was lovely ,you had trouble choosing & the puddings were to die for ,you had at least 20 to choose from
The evening entertainment was good
The negatives are the hotel is just to far away from the main parts of Playa Blanca .It is a good 40mins walk & in the heat it feels more ,there is a bus cost 1-30 euros ,the driver will tell you when to get off
We are in our 50s & we were one of the youngest couples there .It was extreemly hot the week we were there & very little wind to cool you down through the day
Rubicon Marina is only a 15/20 min walk away ,it has a sandy beach & some great shops ,go up the steps from the main walkway
This was our first visit to Playa Blanca but second to Lanzarote .
Costa Teguise in my opinion is my favorite of the island
Would we come back ?..............no ...................gorgeous hotel but not for me
Would we come back to Lanzarote ?...............yes but to Costa Teguise

#12 of 38 in Playa Blanca
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,878 reviews
Barcelo Teguise Beach - Adults only
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca

Been to TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA? Share your experiences!