“I do not share some of the earlier rave reviews”
Review of Restaurante Aromas Yaiza - CLOSED

Restaurante Aromas Yaiza
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went at 7 pm. Clearly far too early as we were the only diners until others came at 8pm. Rather cool greeting . Lack of enthusiasm from the waiter throughout. All the hot food was served on cold plates which is unacceptable in a restaurant and particularly at the prices charged. I chose the sea bass on stir fried vegetables. It was ok but nothing special. It included two tiny potatoes . Not sure whether they were there by accident or design!
My wife had the rabbit stew which again was ok and included a few chips. I think there were six!
The wine prices are a rip off. 16 euros for a small bottle of wine from Lanzarote. I reckon a mark up of 400%. And another complaint I object to paying for bread I did not order. I suppose I ought to have refused it. All in all an experience not to be repeated . 68 euros for two courses, a half bottle of wine and some water is not likely to get me back again . On leaving the restaurant there is a sign at the side of the building which reads " for rent " in Spanish. Makes you wonder what the future holds

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Have eaten a few times over the years in this restaurant and have always had lovely meal. The only downside is that it is in a side street, but the food and service are superb. Can definitely
recommend, as it is the top three restaurants in Playa Blanca.

1  Thank john h
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Visited after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. It certainly is tucked away and it is a shame that it doesn't get as much footfall than less appealing restaurants on the sea front.

The wine on the recommended wine list was so fantastic we ended up drinking 2 different bottles.

We had 3 courses each and we had no fault with any of the dishes (local cheese in Filo pastry was especially lovely and the steak with Port sauce was heavenly!).

Only down size was the restaurant was quiet and lacked atmosphere but that is no reason not to try one of the best restaurants on the island.

Not cheap but 2 wines, sparkling water and 3 courses for two at €110 was worth every cent!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This restaurant is superb the food is so tasty best meal I've had for a long time
Off the sea front beautiful decor, service first class
From the starter to dessert you could not fault it the wine was excellent, we had a Rioja
I can't say enough about this place just GO try it for yourself you won't be disappointed
We will return

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We are regular visitors to Playa Blanca and always make a point of eating here a couple of times during our visits.

The restaurant is set in the town away from the main sea front. Lovely and clean, smart interior, spacious tables, crisp white linen and silver cutlery.

Plenty of choice on menus, not the cheapest in town, but you get quality food, prepared by a good chef and served by a good team. Menus are much more varied than the "run of the mill" sea front restaurants.

Shame that this restaurant doesn't get more custom, its draw back is - it doesn't have the sea front views, but to us the quality of the food wins hands down.

Leave the sea front behind for a night and try Aromas - you wont be disappointed.