Right where do i start?
Me and my husband stayed at the hotel for our honeymoon.
Arrived late hotel staff were friendly sorted the room quiet quickly as it was dark outside we couldnt really see much when we first got the room when we woke upin the morning we were greated by the view of a lovely brick wall! Spoke to someone on reception and i was told i could move but i hadnt paid for a seaview!! so was a bit annoyed!
The rooms themselves were very roomy and very clean.
The pools here are very clean and tidy with someone cleaning them the all day. i found there are plenty of sun loungers and they are very clean and tidy.
The resturant was great for breakfast the pancakes were lovely!! Lunch time and dinner time very much the same everyday most of the time it was only just warm with the same things repeated. The staff in the resturant are very friendly and helpful.
The reception staff at the hotel reccommended the aqua park for a day out and i can honestly say ive never been anywhere quiet like it the place ws dirty very old and should be avoided at all costs it cost for 2 ppl 30 euros to get in then when we saw just how old and un clean it was it cost us another 50 euros to get back to the hotel as we wanted to leave asap and the coach wouldnt be picking us up til 5 in the afternoon.
When we arrived back to the hotel we complained to the member of staff that reccomended it and they didnt seem to care they said they would looking into it and get back to us and we never heard anything about it again...?
Things to do near here..... NOTHING! there is a market but all there is there is cheap jewellery.
You get the use of the spa which is ok my husband cut his foot in the pool and it bleed quiet alot the staff were not very helpful and we were told we had to see the guy at the pool house for first aid! Which he needed the cut gluing but the staff didnt seen to care that there was something sharp in the pool.
The entertainment at this hotel wasterrible butlins do it better three nights in a row it was singers and they were terrible and even though i dont have kids the kids disco was awful they got to dance to about 10 songs then that was it.
Make sure when you are ordering drinks tht the locals arent around as when we were there they were using quests room numbers to order premium drinks that was then added on to the room bill!! SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote