I am disabled, this hotel had a disabled friendly room on the ground floor, however, although the room was well adapted for the disabled, the choice of furniture should be reviewed, ie, the bedside tables were made from metal and glass, the lounge table is the same, in the hallway by the bathroom there is a huge mirror framed in wood, on a visit to the loo, my walking sticks slipped on the tiled floor and I fell against the mirror, which moved, I cut my ear and shoulder on the wooden frame. I reported this incident to reception the next morning voicing my concerns about the mirror etc, as this was on day 3 of our 14 day holiday I expected the items to be removed but when we checked out they were still there. All the staff were very polite and so helpful, in particular Christian the chef, this guy was extremely helpful and he is a fantastic chef too, the waiting staff, Kina, Anna and Mohammed were also very kind to us. The food was both plentiful and excellent quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Lanzarote/Playa Blanca