this is a lovely hotel and would definitely go back. Attractive settings built on levels so has nice views over the bay and mountains throughout.
We had a room in the "castle" which was very nice...great balcony which was private with sea views, nicely decorated, spacious room with brilliant double bathroom with separate toilet/shower and closet! (I'm picky about things like that!). I find a nice room is important and for a hotel in lanzarote they are very good.
liked being able to have meals outside surrounded by the pools and good idea putting the heaters, wind shields up for the winter months.
Great food...only slight improvement...could maybe have a bit more ambiance in the a la cartes as they're very bright and have been to other hotels where a la cartes have different themes/lightings, which makes each one individual. This isn't a critises though.
Staff were excellent...not one moody, grumpy person and they all worked so hard...I've not come across this before at any hotel I've stayed. Also thanks to the hotel for assisting my boyfriend with candles/champagne for his wedding proposal and celebrating my 30th birthday!! It was so special!! :-)
Hotel is in a good spot only a 20 min walk to marina along a nice prominade and about another 20 min into playa blanca centre.
We got a car and went all over the island to places such as El Golfo, ceaser manriques foundation/aqua and a load of other places!....this is a lovely island and so easy to get around so would recommend venturing out of the hotel!
weather was great for winter...only two "iffy days out of 7 and the rest were really nice!!
would certainly recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote