January 11th - January 18th 2014, 6 people All inclusive.
1 Superior double room
1 Family Duplex - room 6449
Accomodation is superb. Large spacious rooms. You won't find better. Rooms have all toiletries plus shower caps, shaving kit, sowing kit, toothbrush etc. Nice touch.
Branded drinks are included. I'm a sucker for Havana Club and Brugal rum which was included too, and the draught lager is clean and refreshing for a few beers before dinner. TIP: Give the bar staff a tip and they will look after you if the bar gets busy later on.
The Italian restaurant is slightly better than the chinese, although I did have a nice dish with Ginger & Spring onions in the chinese. Lets not forget we are in Spain and not China here so it could just be subjective.
The Italian restaurant was really nice. Pizza are thin crispy base and the fillet steak was excellent. Some nice starters too. I'll upload a picture when I get chance. Staff are attentive in both restaurants. You can also have breakfast in the Italian restaurant until 10am each day.
The main buffet restaurant is superb. There are two cooking stations serving fish, chicken, veal, crevettes, you name it there are 4 or 5 choices every day. The salad selection is superb. You also have slices cheeses, sliced meats, good vegetarian choices, plenty of desserts, 4 different breads to cut yourself. The red wine is very good, as it the glass bottled water. The staff are very friendly and will do anything to help you. I can go on and on but having grown up in a country house hotel for 17 years know my stuff.
If you are looking for somewhere to go but can't decide among a sea of hotels in Lanzarote then I would say go here. You can book the hotel direct which has offers on its website. We did this and flew Ryan air which wasn't as bad as my sister was telling me. I will be returning again to this hotel in the future, knowing i'm in for a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote