Who ever does the recruitment and training at the Dream Place Gran Castillo is a paragon of their trade. Every member of the team we encountered from the minute we walked into reception and were served a glass of bubbly through to our early morning departure created a wonderful impression of the place. Many are multi-lingual and all are highly personable. This, coupled with the hotel’s excellent facilities and plentiful, varied and sumptuous food made our week-long stay a memorable experience. The food caters for the predominantly northern European clientele, but there are some Canarian elements available. Tables are allocated for dinner, but for breakfast and lunch you can choose to eat in a covered outdoor area next to one of the pools. This is sometimes infiltrated by the local birdlife. The hotel is not far from the eastern extremity of Playa Blanca’s built-up area. Beyond is some rough terrain with tracks providing access to the secluded Papagayos beaches. Heading west is a much easier walk to the marina, town and port along a paved coast path. This takes a good half hour but a taxi from a nearby rank will whisk you into town in a few minutes for just short of four Euros. However, it’s tempting not to leave the hotel because it’s so good. Entertainment from the resident team ranges from mildly slapstick cocktail production by the poolside bar in the afternoon to accomplished, mimed productions of famous musicals in the theatre at night. This is augmented by guest appearances from visiting acts. Our spotless room, a “superior” double fully justified its title with large beds, sitting area, fully equipped bathroom, dressing room and balcony overlooking the pool and sea. The all-inclusive tariff for two from December 10-17 was just over £700 – outstanding value for a hotel fully justifying its five-star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote