Just back from a week in this amazing hotel, Nov 2013 & can't rate it highly enough! The staff are so friendly and willing to help at all times. The place is spotless and absolutely gorgeous. The dining is split into several sittings so the food is always fresh and plentiful with lots of choice for all.
You can also book into the Italian restaurant which is amazing! We went twice as it was so nice.
Our only criticism of the entire complex was the Chinese restaurant which was not that nice to the point we cancelled our second booking. The staff there however are wonderful and extremely helpful.
Another lovely touch was a surprise bottle of Cava and champagne flutes put into my room for my birthday, they noticed it on my passport which I thought was lovely.
It is impossible to get lost as it's on the main walkway passing right through the town centre and past all the other hotels.
I would definitely go again and recommend to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Booking.com so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote