The hotel is classed as 5 star and lives up to this from several points of view. All staff members, in all departments, are a credit to the company. Nothing is too much trouble and there is certainly no hankering after gratuity. It is as though their dearest wish in life is to see to every guest requirement, and this is done in a friendly and helpful manner. We are currently in the middle of our stay, and I hope that the management read this, and possibly comment, before we leave the hotel in a few days. Just one or two slight niggles. I would very much appreciate more Spanish cuisine, c/f Parador Hotels. I realise that this is dificult as the food has to appeal to a wide range of tastes, but good Spanish cuisine is unparalleled. More use of tapas could be made instead of the afternoon burger thing which, I suppose that I know, sadly appeals to a wide audience. Not once have we been offered gaspacho, or the famous garlic soup, oxtail, roast sucling pig or Segovian lamb. My other niggle is that, as a confirmed lover of Spanish brandy, only a very cheap, and not altogether appealing, brandy is available as the inclusive option. There are excellent Spanish varieties including Fundador, 103, Carlos, Veterano, Soberano, need I go on, all of which are available as very reasonably priced alternatives to The Old, which seems to be the only one on offer. Never mind all this, we have had a lovely stay in a first class, 5 star bedroom which is a standard room with no extra charge. Go and stay there. You will have a lovely time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Lanzarote/Playa Blanca