We have just got back from a lovely relaxing week in the sun at the Gran Castillo to celebrate my Birthday. This truly is a wonderful hotel, although not quite a 5 star.
The food was excellent, staff very friendly, rooms clean, great spa facilities - but disappointingly the restaurant service was slow. No fault of the staff but the lack of them, particularly at the lunch time service - one day it took 15 minutes to even be acknowledged for a drink!
However even when rushed off their feet, the staff were extremely polite and helpful.
Another slight downside was the quality/limited evening entertainment, which quite a few guests were complaining about.
This is a perfect hotel for couples and families alike with separate pool areas for both groups if required. The kids pool looked particularly good fun with the water slides!
Overall we had a fantastic, relaxing holiday and would thoroughly recommend booking - you will not be disappointed, how could you be with cava everyday to sip whilst watching the sunset - paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Expedia so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote