Visited this hotel for 10 days from 20th June 2013. We had a superior double and was exceptional with double balcony with sun loungers and table and chairs. Hotel was kept clean and tidy, good choice of restaurants, Italian, Chinese and main buffet diner.. You were able to visit the a la carte restaurants as much as you wanted. For us as a family we absolutely loved the Italian restaurant in which we used for breakfast, lunch and evening meals. The main restaurant was far too busy for us.. We must say the staff in this restaurant looked after us so well and we say a big thank you to Biser, Noelia and Kurt (german waiter) The chefs looked after my husband very well as he is a fussy eater , nothing was too much trouble.
We did have a few little issues that occurred with the middle pool area, this was a Non heated pool and was like an ice bucket. There was no drink facilities round this pool so you had to walk 150yds to get a drink. After 8 days of our stay the hotel started getting extremely busy and in my holiday experiences I have never seen people squabbling over sunbeds. At the end of our holiday there was 1100 people in this hotel, the maximum is 1500. All pool areas could not cope with this amount of people..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote