I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend from 13th to 20th march. After visiting the hotel I don't know how anyone can fault the place. It is a gorgeous hotel with great facilities. The food and drink is of a high standard and the staff are all very pleasant. We eat in both the Italian and Chinese restaurants while we visited and the Italian was ok, the service was a bit slow and it wasn't very busy. The Chinese was very nice and the waitress yang yang made our night very enjoyable she was very cheery, we didnt know what to have for dessert and she gave us a mixture of the sweets on offer. Very good of her! The buffet restaurant is excellent the choice in food is out of this world. Caters for everyone, the fresh fish and meats were delicious and a wide variety of salads, pastas, veg, cheeses meats and desserts! The snack bar was ok, burgers, hotdogs, chips and toasties on offer with salad to help yourself to. I would recommend having dinner at the second sitting which is 8.30 to 10pm as there is nothing available to eat after this time unless you pay for room service which is quite pricey! The day and night time entertainment was very good and the animation team were very friendly and professional. The shows at night in the castle were great and quite funny. The bar staff in the castle bar were lovely and got to know Valentin who made us any cocktails we wanted. His sangria was the best!! The rooms in the hotel were huge as you will see from my pictures. I would recommend this hotel and do not have any doubts about the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote