First visit to Lanzarote and we thought the Gran Castillo was a beautifully laid out hotel. All the staff, without exception, were friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely with pool and sea view and we even got a bottle of cava and a red rose for my husbands birthday. The food in the restaurant was superb and even a lady playing a violin at breakfast some mornings. There was nightly entertainment though some nights were definitely better than others! We were there in January so the weather was warm and some days cloudy but it was perfect for strolling down the promenade and there is no shortage of different places to sunbathe around the hotel All areas of the hotel were spotless and we returned home feeling relaxed and lightly tanned. We would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Lanzarote/Playa Blanca