This hotel has excellent food.It is plentiful and varied.Half lobsters were served on new years eve.The choice is superb.Staff are very friendly and hard working.Reception are polite and helpful.The rooms are spacious and clean.We would not recommend this for couples at new year due to families with pre-school children.The restaurants are not romantic.The lighting in these and the bar is low energy and practical.Outside the main restaurant was the nearest we could find for candle lit atmosphere.The staff in the chinese restaurant were too busy to clear any of the tables around us during our meal.We were surrounded by dirty glasses and crockery.The nightly entertainment the night club is disappointing/direThe hotel would do well to invest in professional entertainment in this area as it lets the hotel down.Apart from that the lone saxophonist outside the bar and the violinist at breakfast not to mention the tenors on the balcony at new year were very good.If you can scale a rubbly hill and walk for 30 minutes the local beaches are large and golden.In the opposite direction the walk through the marina to Playa Blanca is very pleasant.All in all this is a good hotel for families.Our version of a four star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Lanzarote/Playa Blanca