We visited the hotel from 23rd Dec to 3rd January 2013 as a family with the in-laws and two young children (aged 6 and 14 months). We concur with much of the positive views given in earlier reviews regarding rooms, staff etc.
The reception staff, animation team, bar staff, waiters etc were all fantastic.
On the negative side, the pools could do with heating - they were freezing! I can't believe that they cannot install solar heating in his climate. There was a shortage of bar staff, especially in the pool bar ( we didn't personally experience any drunk ness as indicated by previous reviewers. Service was very slow.
The food was 'passable' and agree with he reviewer who said that stews etc were best choice. The cooked-to-order meat and fish from the skillets was often undercooked ( especially the fish!). However,the hotel put on a fantastic Gala Dinner on New Years Eve with a fantastic choice of fish and meats. The 'hot plates' didn't seem to keep food very warm, and where food was warm, it tended to dry up quickly so you are best advised to get in early for meals.
Great animation team - especially Alex who kept our young son busy. The restaurant waiters were excellent and very attentive. We did get a little agitated when they kept changing our table very night for the first six nights before allocating us a permanent table for dinner.
On the whole it was a fabulous holiday and we would come back here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote