The Phillips family (Anthony, Carol and 18 yr old Nicola) arrived at the hotel on sunday 22nd July 2012 for two weeks.
A lovely welcome with a cool glass of cava handed to us and our cases taken to our room which was so nice.
ALL staff we came into contact with were courteous and very helpful.
Our room was beautiful, clean, spacious with a brilliant shower and bath. We had a view of the pools and the sea. (3107)
The food was lovely with lots to choose from, the chef serving freshly prepared hot food who we christined "Enjoy" as he said this to every person he served, what an absolute delight and we fell in love with our waiter Tony who made sure we never went short of a drink, he always had a smile for us whenever he saw us.
We did at times find the dining room a bit manic due to the number of people congregating in the one restaurant. The hotel has now changed from two hotels to one, leaving one main restaurant and one main entertainment club I feel this is why at times they both felt packed.This we felt was a disadvantage.
During some evenings we had a drink outside whilst we were being entertained by a beautiful singer and a male saxaphone player at other times.
We agree with the comments some have wrote about the sunbeds, people were reserving them, including beds for very young children who hardly used them.
We liked to sit away from the pool as some children were running about and splashing the people trying to relax. We found our perfect spot and settled quite happily, but we did have to get up early to reserve them. I am not against sharing my holiday with children but as I work in a primary school I do like to have time to myself when away, so for me, I would like the hotel to have SOME separate areas for adults who fancy a bit of peace and quite, I noticed a pool at the top end of the hotel where I do believe the second hotel used to be, this had slides for the children but hardly any children were there, perhaps because it was so far away. That's where I went wrong, I should have gone there myself.
The animation children were brilliant with the children, but one in particular was extremely annoying getting people to watch cocktail making and then pouring the finished product down peoples throats whilst hollering at the top of her voice this went on most afternoons. (Felt like an 18/30's holiday)
Some of the evening shows were really good with the animation team giving their all.
A couple of niggles but overall a really lovely holiday, we have arrived home relaxed and happy. A big thank you to all the team at Gran Castillo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote