“Another good stay!”

Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was our 3rd visit and you cannot fault the hotel. Staff very friendly. Food fantastic a little to much pork. Italian and Chinese resturant well worth a visit.
A small criticism, we had asked for high balcony rooms and got a ground floor terrace, which doesn't give you much privacy when people walking past.
On the down side the sister hotel that catered for children closed so a lot more children around and the animation team drove you made during the day trying to get you to join in the day time activities. (3 ladies over 40 wouldn't be a good sight to watch. Atlhough I must point out the animation team put on some good shows in the evening and work really hard.

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tracy B
There are newer reviews for Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Fabulous hotel, food and service. Exceptionally clean and the staff were all amazing and helpful. Didn't want to come home.

Room Tip: Book a seaview room it really makes you feel like youre on holiday every morning
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank HB1973
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel at the beginning of March and it was fantastic. We paid a bit extra to upgrade to a superior room which was huge and very quiet. The food is excellent and there is something for everyone. There was also a counter for people with wheat intolerance or other tummy complaints. The evening entertainment is good or if you wish you can go to the quieter bar near reception, but, you do have to pay for your drinks there. The little bar near the pools is alo very good for lunch-time snacks etc. In fact, we had such a relaxing holiday the only time we left the hotel was for the round the island day trip organised by Low-Cost. This was very interesting with lots of information about volcanos but the camel safari round the rim of a volcano is not for the faint hearted, and cold. The only minus really was that we had to wait an hour and a half for the coach at the airport to take us to the hotel, we intend to go back in November when we were told that the weather was still warm.

A great hotel with excellent staff, lovely food, cannot fault it.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and have a superior room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia186460
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was our 7 visit to Playa Blanca and our second visit to the Dream Castillo. I think when you visit a hotel for a second time you are always going to compare it to the first time you stayed and you worry things will never live up to how you remember it.
We originally stopped at the Dream Castillo in 2010 and thought it was brilliant and we wasn't disappointed on our return. There was some minor changes to the activities which didn't suit our youngest lad who is now 14, he couldn't take part in some of the activities because he wasn't 16 and he felt he was too old to take part in activities with 6 year old. Other than that it was tremendous, the staff are some of the best we have ever had the pleasure in meeting from the cleaners, portrers, waiters, bar staff and receptionists etc, Would I go again of course I would, Would I recommend the hotel of course I would.
The hotel is very clean and you constantly see staff in the back ground tidying, you never see dirty tables both in the restaurant and in the bar areas. The staff work very hard.
The first day in the restaurant is a laugh, go to the meat station and meet Abduli "what a character" he has a great patter to all the visitors and makes you feel welcome, I still can still here them words now "welcome my friend" and "enjoy" It just happened to be my birthday whilst we were there and Abduli and the waiters came to our table with a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday with Abduli singing it in 3 different languages.
They have also made it interesting by opening a Italian and Chinese to give you different options for the evening meal.
I'm sure people will always find something to complain about if they look hard enough, but you will have to go a long way in our opinion to find something worth writing about.
Thankyou to all the staff who always have the time of day and a smile.
Paul, Helen and Matt

Room Tip: My wife always changes rooms, its become a habit. All the rooms are very good whether they over look...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed May 31, 2012

First visit to Gran Castilla but will not be the last. Absolutely fantastic hotel. The room was so big it just seemed to go on and on, walk in wardrobe area, suberb bathroom with bath, double vanity units, walk in shower with body jets, w.c and bidet.
King size bed with a large open seating area with setee, table and chairs and a desk area leading onto the largest balcony I have ever seen in a hotel with more table and chairs.
Food was plentiful, varied and extremely tasty, never went hungry all week.
All the staff were polite, courteous and the bar staff and waiters were very hard working.
Entertainment shows were very good.
Already considering booking for next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allan2952
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I travelled to this hotel the first two weeks in April with my two daughters ( twins ) age 12. I have travelle to many 4 star hotels in Playa Blanca and this is the best!
I recieved ane-mail from a lady who has been on trip avisor and was concerned about reviews.
Here is my honest reply to her and her family....

Hi Julie

No problem about the e-mail.
Yes I was in Dream Gran Castillo in April. I have been to some 4 star hotels in Playa Blanca over the years and this is the one to go back to.
I travelled alone with my daughters ( twins ! ) age 12.
The request I asked for were followed through. I asked to be in a non remote part of the hotel and was granted request.
I asked for a sea view but there is an extra price so I left it but did get a partial see view!
The staff were extremely efficient and friendly.
Reception staff the same always a smile or a nod to the girls!
Bar staff / waiter staff also I cannot speak highly enough about them!
Rooms are kept spotless. Animation team deserve a mention too, very friendly and nice to all the children.
My advice is to go and enjoy yourselves! A holiday is what you make it!
I work in Customer Service and I am planning to go back to this hotel. I felt welcomed, always got a friendly Hola from all the staff and enjoyed every minute of the badly needed break!

I hope this information will help to put your mind at rest.
one tip.. if you want to eat

Room Tip: ask in advance for what you would like! simple as that! If the hotel staff can do they will do every...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GerF409
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to this hotel & each time it has got better & better
We are a family of 4 (2 children aged 3 & 1) the hotel staff are fantastic & if you want or need anything you just ask, kettle in your room for bottles , problem with the safe etc nothing is a problem with the staff, we requested to change our room & was told we had to wait they apologised & we had to wait only 20 MINUTES !! fantastic ... We changed our room because our little girl likes to climb so 1st floor would be a nightmare for us! The food is great plenty to choose from for both adults & children & even the fussy eaters! If you want cows milk for your children they will supply day or night at the restaurant brilliant ! There is a fridge in your room & they even gave us cartons to save going back. You can easily get a bus to plays blanca if you want which has a few shops & a beech & the market (Wed & Sat 10am - 2pm) at the marina is a lovely walk but take a buggy for little legs they have a good selection of stalls for little gifts if you wish to purchase. The bar staff are great & often remember your last order of drinks (or was that the fact we were up so often!) the entertainment & activities provided by the animation team is great if you want it or not its not a problem from aerobics to cocktail making there is something for everyone not forgetting the kids club & mini disco a lot of people are saying about them but you can't knock them for their enthusiasm Daniel is a fantastic team leader & were great with our girls as we're all the others if you don't want the entertainment you can have a drink on the terrace or your own balcony or have an early night ! If you are going away to be entertained this is a hotel not broadway they work hard for very little & cover a wide audience & don't stop & always with a smile ! This hotel suits all ages families & couples me & my husband are going back kids free for a week in October this is the 1st review I have ever written & feel that this hotel & ALL of its staff deserve a fantastic review for a fantastic place ... Don't hesitate book it ! Or if you have enjoy it !

• Stayed: May 2012
#14 of 37 in Playa Blanca
Occidental Lanzarote Mar
Occidental Lanzarote Mar
#14 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca? Share your experiences!