Dear Mr Jacobo Yurrita and all the Staff,
I want to say a BIG THANKYOU for making our stay at the Gran Castillo Lanzarote so wonderful. Your hotel is immaculately clean, elegant and welcoming.The room upgrade to a Senior Suite especially for my Birthday as a surprise from you left us speechless with joy as we first walked into it.What an apartment it was too! The food was always well prepared with a massive choice of hot and cold dishes, the little cakes and dessert delicacies were a delight to look at and to eat of course!
I would like to say we have never stayed in a hotel before where ALL the staff are forever happy and smiling,are so helpful and clearly enjoy meeting the guests eventhough they must get tired at times from working so hard.
However I particularly want to mention Outhmane who works in the Lobby, he has the biggest smile I have ever seen and is very kind, I am attaching a photo of him, also our fantastic waiter in the dining room was Salem, he is a great guy,see his attached photo too, they both sum up the friendliness and dedication to the guests at the Gran Castillo.
This was our first visit to Lanzarote and I have to say we couldn't have chosen a better Hotel.My husband likes to try new destinations every time we take a holiday abroad but I know Lanzarote and the Gran Castillo will be the one we would return to again, our 12 year old son never asks to go back to any hotel in particular but yours has been the exception.
As`I said to Mr Yurrita the Subdirector of the Gran Castillo, we felt we were treated like Royalty.
Thankyou and kind regards from the Walker Family.
Hello everyone reading this, I hope you didn't mind me writing that little thankyou note first but I felt it important and really it speaks for itself if you are wondering whether to give the Gran Castillo a try. I know everyone is different with equally different opinions but whilst we were staying for our ten days from 17 June we didn't meet anyone who had anything bad to say that would alter our good impression of this hotel and it's staff.
I'm not going to write a step-by-step account of our stay but will go to the main points I would be wondering when I am trawling through Tripadvisor looking at reviews for a particular hotel we have our eyes on to book.
1. Cleanliness and rooms
Excellent. The rooms are all of an impressive size, cleaned and the towels changed however often you want as long as you leave them in the bath for the maid when she comes to clean your room. I like lots of pillows, we requested them and straight away extra were delivered to our room.
2. Food and Drink
A very large choice of hot and cold salad dishes. Something for everyone at every meal.The Cava is excellent.Inside dining room and out to choose from, usual evening dining room etiquette of gentlemen requested to wear long trousers.
3. What about the weather?
Lanzarote has a lovely climate and believe me, I just about came back home as a Shirley Bassey look-a-likie. Yes it might be a bit breezy at times but you do need that breeze when it comes,you will be glad of it, trust me ! But be warned, you will be more likey to get sunburnt with the breeze, so watch out those with fair skins.
If you want to ask me any questions, just drop me a message on here and I will try my best to help.
Have a great Holiday folks! : D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote