We booked a holiday with Villa Parade for a special holiday for the extended family of 6 adults and 2 children. The holiday was to celebrate 2 special events for the family and we were impressed by the images and descriptions of the villa and its facilities, that we thought that it would be ideal.
However, the reality was that none of our expectations were met. The images on the web site show large rooms, beautifully fitted bedrooms, kitchen and bathrooms as well as a large, clean pool. It became immediately obvious that the images had been taken using a wide-angle lens artificially enhancing the dimensions of the rooms. The kitchen was small and although equiped with a microwave oven, a toaster, an oven, a coffee percolator etc., there was only one power point! The floors and furniture were dirty and dusty, the "well-manicured" gardens were overgrown with weeds and untrimmed scrub and the pool was green with algae. It was obvious that there had been little or no cleaning done prior to our rental. The "jacuzzi" bath could not be used as the water immediately leaked out and to add insult to injury, the shower in the basement ("lower ground floor") overflowed with waste from the drainage system. We contacted the agent in the UK who arranged for the local maintenance to fix the drainage system. It turned out that the pump had packed up but would be replaced the next day. It didn't get replaced at all, so the maintenance men had to manually empty the cess pit on a daily basis, triggering off a visitation of cockroaches!
In addition, we also found two power points that were hanging out of the wall showing exposed wires and the power cable on the kettle had been joined with insulating tape. The pool eventually got cleaned satisfactorily meaning that we lost the use of it for 5 days.
The images shown on the web site were obviously taken when the villa was new and It would have been very pleasant. Today, however, the villa is showing signs of neglect and lack of maintenance. The resort itself is lovely and Playa Blanca is a very nice place to stay with particular emphasis on good food and clean beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Complex of Villas Las Arecas Club, four-star category that is located in the tourist resort of Playa Blanca in the south of the island of Lanzarote, in the vicinity we found the shopping and entertainment of the beach that is two hundred meters of shops, bars and restaurants. It has three four-bedroom Villas each, equipped with all the details to make it feel like your own home and so on have bathroom, satellite TV with DVD player and kitchen with appliances needed to prepare our meals, although around local we offer a selection of Canarian cuisine. Other facilities include an outdoor swimming pool with sun terrace where you can enjoy the sun on the island while we relaxed in the water and as we propose the activities related to water sports with boating, diving or sailing. There are also possibilities of outdoor sports in the Timanfaya National Park is a few miles of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Villas Las Arecas Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Las Arecas Club Hotel Playa Blanca
- Villas Las Arecas Club Lanzarote/Playa Blanca