“perfect”

Hotel Estudios Tropicana
Reviewed March 28, 2013

sorry its late stayed in 2011.. august got to say the hotel very clean brilliant staff excellent location met some brilliant people the gardener kept the grounds and pool area very clean he is a great member of staff loved this hotel couldnt reccomend enough.. millenium bar just up the road brilliant carnt wait to return to ibiza

Room Tip: turn left at the top of the road turn left again big cheap supermarket better than the spar
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lisa73x

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel and we had another great trip. Again, stayed for 4 days and couldn't fault it (except for the noisy dog across the road but you can't blame the hotel for that!). We had a room at the back of the hotel this time which wasn't as good as the view from the front but hey ho. Cleanliness and friendliness of the hotel and staff had not changed a bit. The hotel now has a beach bar which sells lovingly made mojitos for 5 euros, bargain if you ask me! Plus there are sandwiches, crisps, chips and a full English breakfast on offer if you so wish. We love Ibiza and will definitely be back next year. Hopefully we'll be able to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank raa27
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hotel was perfect for us, really clean and quiet. Spent a week here with my girlfriend at the end of August. Clean sheets/towels every 2nd day. Air con was free and worked well, got a safe for the week which was 8 euros. Pool was always quiet and never had a problem getting a lounger, pool side bar is reasonably priced, 5 euros for beer and a burger and desperados for 3 euros. They also have table tennis, pool, air hockey and mini golf.

Reception was open 24 hours so we could roll in at whatever hour we had survived from the clubs. I would recommend getting a bus (number 9) from the airport instead of a taxi, only cost us 2 euros and the bus driver will keep you right if you tell him where your staying. Taxi into san antonio ranged from 7 euros to 10 euros which isn't bad or you can walk it in about 45 minutes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

After being double booked at another hotel we were sent to estudios tropicano and after arriving we knew we had a good deal hotel is spotless pool area is lovely plenty of sunbeds and it's a little sun trap there is a pool bar selling lovely food try the chicken wings they are really nice. Come out of hotel turn left up a little iAd and there is a panfish supermarket really cheap of pop bread water and stuff turn out of hotel right own a little strip where you have lots of shops bars and restaurants overall a very nice hotel very clean air con free can leave it in when your out so when you return it's lovely and cool enjoy your stay free wifi also (:

Room Tip: I stayed in ground floor a12 this hasa lovely pool view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank gill2345
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I made a last minute booking through hotels4U after scouring literally hundreds of websites and reviews for hotels. Tropicana Studios is a basic 3 star self catering complex but to be honest my experience was 5 star. Each and every member of staff were friendly, polite and helpful. The complex is a fair walk from the main San Antonio strip (probably about 45 mins+) but a taxi is 9 euros or you can get a boat or a bus. However there are plenty of bars and really nice restaurants down on the sea front nearby. The sea is gorgeous, warm and I spent hours in there just floating around. From the airport to the resort I booked a transfer bus which was 25 euros but for the return journey we just took the regular public bus (number 9) and it was only 8 euros for 2 of us. All in all, despite the out of town location, I would recommend this hotel for a quiet break off the beaten track.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet ask for a room away from the stairs and not overlooking the pool - it wi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank charlottesmum
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have stayed in Ibiza in the bay 4 times now and this was a perfect hotel for our girls holiday.

Good points;
- The pool was often completely free so sunbeds were never an issue and it was very often quiet.
- The staff were very friendly, sometimes giggled when we crawled in at 7am.
- Very spacious and clean room, cleaned every 2 days and new towels and bed sheets were replaced.
- Never bothered by noise at all.
- We slept in on our last morning and so checked out of our room an hour late, but were charged nothing extra and still sent out with a smile.
- Location was great, out of the way enough to be quiet daytime, but close enough to the strip of the bay that you were still only 5 mins away at night time.
- No men came in trying to sell you hats and glasses etc, and we were only pestered by 1 person trying to sell us club tickets. Have stayed in several hotels in the bay where you can't read a page of your book without being pestered by someone trying to sell you something!

Bad points;
- These 'self catering' apartments didn't have kettles, sharp knifes (could barely cut a piece of cheese with the knifes we had), scissors or tin openers. All things I would say were essential in a hotel you are presumably cooking for yourself in.
- The shower went hot and cold all the time, presumably when others were using it but could be very painful when scalding water suddenly came down on your sunburn!
- We were pestered by some Italian boys staying opposite us who rang our apartment phone and put notes under our door. The apartment phone I could understand would be useful if you had friends in other rooms, but it was unsettling that anyone (particularly the men who were pestering us) could ring us so easily.
- Whilst the pool bar is cheap and chirpy, we were very disappointed when ordered a 'mixed leaf salad' and we're presented with what I can only describe as a plate of dirty/going off lettuce. Often I find you pay for what you get, but even for 4 euros no one deserves dirty lettuce.
- There was no rep whilst we were there (don't know if there was supposed to be or not). This was annoying for us as previously we have bought our club tickets from a rep (someone we know we can rely on) so we had to risk it this year. We are very wary of buying fake tickets as we know many people try to sell them, we bought our tickets this year from Mar I pins where David sold us some which were authentic.
- The room made lots of strange creeky noises which if sober could keep you up for a long time and cause a very disturbed sleep (I am usually a very heavy sleeper, asleep as soon as my head reaches any pillow!)

Overall the hotel worked for us, it was quiet for us to lounge by the pool getting over our hangovers during the day, and quiet enough night time that we were never kept up. There isn't much to the apartments, they are clean and plain, definitely not luxury but worth staying in and very worth the price we paid, especially if you are going on a club holiday, where all you do is sleep in your room. We probably would have cooked had we had the utensils we required.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vicki M
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Would like to begin my review by saying I am a massive believer in ''you get what you pay for'' and also..if you are looking for 5* then book 5*.
I have stayed in Tropicana Studios twice, in 2008 and also July this year. All was as I expected, clean spacious room, nice balcony, good sized clean pool and plenty of sunbeds. The complex has been refurbished since 2008 and now has a pool bar which serves food. Reception are ok, expecially one of the women receptionist who was lovely. The studios are located perfectly.. close to bars the beach on the bay but round the corner and down the road far enough away to be from the noise and people walking the strip. The only things that I was a little dissapointed with was when our bin was full and the cleaner had attended to our room but not emptied it, we had to put it outside the room.. our hand towels were not changed so when I heard the maid on the corridor I went out and asked to swap for clean ones, she walked to reception and our room telephone range.. reception proceeded to explain that we can not have new towels as we have stained our and will be charged!!...It was makeup on the towels and I explained that they are not stained and suggested they put them through a wash and then come back to us if the towels were damaged. This was refused, so I informed them that I will boil was the towels myself, i did so, and took them unstained back to the maid who accepted them...and handed me 2 'fresh' towels (which were stained!!!!) Cheek of it. It's a 3* Hotel, and generally good...but I am sorry but I do not expect to have to - put the bin out, and hand wash towels when I am on my holidays. If hotel management read this review, please pull your finger out - I have visited Ibiza 4 times and spent a total of 10 weeks on the Island, staying in 8 different hotels and the Tropicana is very pleasent but it is very frustrating that the most simple things that could be improved have not been, However I will still be back! :) Enjoy x

Room Tip: Both room I have stayed in were located at the back of the hotel, this is fine but the pool view roo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pamela R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Antoni de Portmany
Marina Palace by Intercorp Hotel Group
Marina Palace by Intercorp Hotel...
#4 of 7 in Port d'es Torrent
Apartments Blue Star
Apartments Blue Star
#52 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Apartahotel Maritim
Apartahotel Maritim
#5 of 7 in Port d'es Torrent
Marina Palace Prestige by Intercorp Hotel Group
Marina Palace Prestige by Interc...
#2 of 2 in San Antonio Bay
Apartahotel Monterrey
Apartahotel Monterrey
#62 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Florencio Hostal
Florencio Hostal
#41 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Hotel Estudios Tropicana? Share your experiences!