“Julio is brilliant!!”

Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Just returned from this hotel after a 5 night stay with 5 girls. Loved every minute of it! Pool is great especially the comfy sunbeds and hotel is clean and spacious. Only 1 thing I can say 1 of the rooms was a bit smelly when you first walked in but that is it. Julio the pool boy is brilliant!! I broke my toe the first night and everyday he insisted he re bandaged it for me and made sure I was ok (even though he called it a finger). The staff could not do enough for you. Its so close to everything and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank amy c
Jose Manuel C, Director General at Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

First of all, thank you for your gratifying review about our hotel and for sharing it here with the rest of travellers.

We will congratulate all our staff for their good job and of course, specially Julio. We are delighted that you find all of our services of your satisfaction and we take note of the small objection you remark.

We are looking forward to receive you in you again in your next visit to our beautiful island.

Sunny regards from Ibiza,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed in the Marco Polo in June 2014. This is the 5th time we have stayed at the hotel. We have visited Ibiza 15 times over the last 13 years and split our time between Playa Den Bossa and San Antonio. The GPS group always provide a good standard of accommodation with friendly staff whom have always greeted us with a smile and tried to accommodate any special requests. If you arrive at the hotel before check in time and the room is ready they do not hesitate to check you in straight away.
The pool area has undergone some great improvements over the last few years. The pool area is nice with a great pool and pool bar which is manned by friendly staff who are quite happy to play any music you plug in through their speakers.
The last 2 years there has been a lifeguard called Julio. Julio cannot do enough for people and is a great asset to the hotel. Not only does he watch the pool he gets tables for people, helps move sun loungers and interacts with the guests but always watches the pool and tries to keep it safe for all using the area. He does his job and more. The hotel are lucky to have him.
I will be staying at the hotel again next year as the location is one of the best in San Antonio. It’s about a 2 minute walk to the bus station, you are a couple of minutes from the beach and nightlife. As it’s not a huge hotel and the noise is not too bad compared the ever so lovely Pices Park (or Pikey park as it gets called) across the road.
The only negative I found this year was the workers on the Island using the pool area which sometimes stopped paying guests getting sunloungers. I do feel that non-residents should not be given access to the hotel facilities. There were also a group of workers treating the hotel like a pool party on an afternoon and I do not feel this should be the case. They also sometime knock on the doors of rooms to sell tickets which I do not think they should have access to unless staying in the hotel.
The only other advice I can give is watch your valuables at all times. Put your money and phone in your bra (if you wear one). 100’s of Iphones go missing every day. Pickpockets approach you as if they are selling drugs and when you check your pockets they are empty. Keep your stuff safe at all times and you’ll love Ibiza……

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view. They also do double beds.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear zeusEngland,

Fist of all, thank you very much for sharing your positive comments about us here in Tripadvisor. We really appreciate the one of the kindness of our staff, it motivates us to even improve and Julio of course will be informed about the especial comment that you have written about him.

Concerning the use of the pool by other people that is not from the hotel, we would like to inform you that we have already introduced a new system of guests identification and we have security guards services 24 hours in order to not let anyone that is not a guest inside the hotel.

Many thanks for having chosen Marco Polo I during your holidays. We are thrilled to hear it was the 5th time that you have decided to stayed at the hotel and that you feel very comfortable here with us.

We wish you have the same feelings next time you visit us and your can fulfill your expectations again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with the bf after staying in the bay for 3 years this was definitely more lively but in a good way, really great atmosphere 24/7. Really handy location, rooms were average- clean and spacious enough. Good value for money felt really safe here.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose Manuel C, Director General at Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear HolidaysAreBliss,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting Marco Polo I Hotel for your holidays in San Antonio area. We are very pleased to know that you and your boyfriend really enjoyed your stay, due to our daily efforts to try that everything is perfect to welcome our visitors and try to make them feel like at home. Once again, thank you for your visit and the courtesy of your time.

Greetings from Ibiza,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

A friend and I stayed here Sunday - Friday and upon arrival on the Sunday some guests were abusive to the reception staff... he simply asked her to prove which room she was staying in... The security here was brilliant and I felt assured that there would be no strangers wandering around the hotel at night.
The reception staff were fantastic, very helpful to all requests and made us feel very happy about our stay. The cleaning staff were ever so efficient and it felt like our room was fresh every single day.
We didn't experience the pool as we are more beach goers, but we could see it from our balcony and it looked clean.
The value for money with this hotel was truly fantastic. It is right in the heart of the wonderful chaos that is San Antonio, but far enough away that there isn't any noise to disturb you.
I will request this hotel for next years visit.
Highly recommended! Thank you for a brilliant week!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmberTonkin

Dear AmberTonkin,

First of all, thank you for your special and gratifying review and for sharing it in Tripadvisor with the rest of travellers.
We will congratulate all of our staff for their job, as we are very glad that you find most of our services of your complete satisfaction.

We are looking forward to receive you and your friend in your next visit to Ibiza.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

4 lads, 2 rooms, 3rd time in Ibiza. Best hotel I've stayed in on the island and also the cheapest.

2 minutes walk from the west end strip
2 minutes walk to the main beach in San Antonio

Quiet when you want some peace. Music playing around the pool, friendly staff/lifeguard etc

Stayed self catering so didn't eat there but restaurant looked ok for an ibiza hotel.

Safe boxes, we didn't use and had no trouble with thefts and also hadn't heard of any.

24hr reception. Key drop off when you leave your room.

My younger sister will be going to ibiza in September and I have recommended this hotel to her as I believe it is the best in all aspects, compared to other ibiza hotels.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Charlie m,

Thank you very much for posting on Tripadvisor about your recent holidays at Marco Polo I Hotel. We are pleased that we were able to make your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable.

We really appreciate the confidence you have placed on our hotel for choosing it to enjoy your holidays, as well as it would be a great pleasure to welcome your sister in September.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days with my friend, perfect location.. Quite a quiet hotel didnt really see anyone about. Staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel was kept very clean. Rooms were cleaned and bed sheets and towels changed everyday. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Thisiskristap,

Thank you so much for trusting in Marco Polo I for your stay and for the time you spent in order to share your feelings about the hotel here with other travellers. We are very glad to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us and truly hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards from Ibiza,

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Me and a friend stayed for 10 nights and overall we thought the hotel was good but they should change a few things. The room was great, big & spacious, fridge available, free air con, the cleaners had their good days and bad days. Its right next to everything, restaurants, the bar strip and bus station and beach.
The staff that work at the hotel are so friendly, especially the ones around the pool! But we thought maybe a bit too nice... Its one of the only hotels in San An, where ticket sellers can just walk into the hotel and hassle you to buy tickets from them (they even knock on your room doors). This was especially annoying when you just want to chill out by the pool after a big night. You literally get hassled all the time. The workers also take advantage and end their 'day of work' at the pool, taking up a lot of the sun loungers. Guests would come down to the pool and not even have loungers to go on. They take over the music at the pool and make a lot of guests feel uncomfortable. They're basically just free loaders. Guests from other hotels would also come to the pool and take up the loungers.
If Marco Polo 1 sorted out this problem, then we'd say it would be the best in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Jose Manuel C, Director General at Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Nicola,

Thank you for your time writing this comment in tripadvisor,

we are happy that you enjoy your holidays in our hotel and we will do the best to improve about sellers from outside with our security depatment and wish to see you soon again.

Best regards,

#2 of 4 in Cala Tarida
Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum
Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum
#18 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I? Share your experiences!