Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed here from 28th August - 4th September 2012. Room was on the ground floor (Room 118) and was a good size. However, me and my friend got bitten alive by mosquitoes - I counted 8 mosquitoes in the bathroom on one day. Not very pleasant. Bit of staining on the shower curtain, room curtain and walls. Strange shoe prints on the walls and ceiling (god knows how they got there). Had a TV where the only English speaking channel was CNN. Fridge and Air-Con worked well. Had to pay a deposit for the remote for the air-con and TV however. The rooms where cleaned regularly (if we weren't sleeping off the night before), and I found it good that towels got changed even when we were sleeping.

Food was average. Salad, fish, chicken....the normal. Nothing special. Never visited the pool as when we went all the sun loungers were 'reserved' with towels. There seemed to be more towels than people so just visited the beach to sunbathe. I would advise future guests to pay the deposist for the safe aswell. Safe was directly across from the reception which was a peace of mind. Never had anything stolen (I had seen previous guests had). Location is good if you don't mind being in the centre of all the hussle and bussle. Think I'd prefer somewhere quieter next time but that is my preference. Not much bother with noise in the hotel itself, except for the last night but sleep was disturbed anyway due to sickness so was probably more sensitive to disturbances.

One complaint is that one of the reception staff was scary, mean and unreasonable. Would not allow our friends to sit in our room for 10 mins one night when we freshened up to go back out and he chucked them out. He said this was due to the music being loud......it wasn't really. Let himself into our room too. Not a pleasant man at all so beware!

All in all, average hotel. Left with bites all over my body. Food average. Staff ok except one. In a busy area. Would stay again but only if I really had to.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel is very clean, we never had any problems with towels not being changed etc. Wifi access really is everywhere in the hotel and it's pretty cheap to buy a code. The rooms are very spacious, fully air conditioned and all contain a fridge which is useful! Hotel staff are not overly helpful at reception but u hardly ever interact with them in fairness, so it doesn't spoil the experience. The location is perfect, just a five minute walk from all the restaurants, bars, the beach and the strip. Pool bar not overly expensive and plays good music. I would definitely stay here again! Really loved my holiday here!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I like my luxury and was dreading staying in this hotel as I had read awful reviews and well you can't expect much in San Antonio can you!? Was very nicely surprised, the reception area and our room were very clean, the cleaners came in every day and made a good job, leaving fresh towels also. The pool area was nice enough, not too busy and played good tunes. We were out clubbing most nights till early hours but 2 nights we went to bed early and didn't hear any noise through the night. I was really worried about theft so I kept my money on me at all times but there was no sign of anyone going in our room throughout our stay. I would definitely stay here again for a budget place to sleep and shower on my next visit to Ibiza!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Whe stayed in this hotel from 5th to 12th of August. I state that i booked with Booking.com for "Marco Polo", not " Marco Polo II".
When i arrived at the hotel and i did the check-in, the lady gave me a key for the building beside "Marco Polo II" because, she said, they had a problem with the rooms and "Marco Polo" was full. I saw immediatly outside the plate Hotel ** and in my room we didn't have the fridge and the safe as booked.
I went to complain with the receptionist about this, another wery rude mad, and he said that this was not his problem, that when you book at Marco Polo they can decide to send you also in the building beside!!! I said that was not true and impossible and i was very angry, so he said to return the following day to talk with the manageress.
The following day i talked with the manageress and i explained her my problem. At the end she gave us back the difference of the money more the fridge in our room and the safe for free (cause you have to pay it...). But i said her that this was incorrect, and they gave us the money back only because i realized the swindle.
I also talked with two french girls that were here last year and they had the same problem!
Another day i heard at the reception two girls, just arrived, sent to another hotel because they were full and they had problem with the rooms!
About the hotel: the rooms very small and ditry, i don't have to add more. This is an hotel frequented by young people, so you can understand that in the night you could be waked up suddenly (but you are in Ibiza, if you want to sleep go to another place).
The dinner: very bad. There are not drinks dispenser, if you wanted to drink you had to buy it from the hotel (water 2.50 € , coke 2.50 €). Once i bought a bottle of water from the supermarket, to challenge them, and the waiter said that i could not put that water on the table so i put it on the floor and i continued to drink my water.
Very bad bad experience, don't book this hotel!!!

1  Thank RobyASR
Reviewed August 11, 2012

PLEASE READ!!!!
I stayed here at the start of july for 2 weeks where do i start, Hotel location is good, but thats about the only good thing about d place. the staff are clumsy and rude.
The rooms are tiny and showers are either roasting r freezing.
But the main talking point is security, there is one man in particular ( tall, tattoos, and well built ). I came home early 1 night on my own and as i was walking towards my room he was walking out of my room and when i asked him what he was doing in my room he said he thought he heard music and opened the door to tell us to knock it off ( bulls**t),he has the key FOR EVERY ROOM in the hotel. anyway 2 cameras and a brand new iphone went missing and we KNOW IT WAS HIM. we could prove nothing though. we asked him to check the cameras to see who took the phone and cameras and he said the cameras were down. It was our last night so we went home with our holiday ruined.
I AM 23 YEARS OF AGE, NOT SOME O.A.P
Please, if u value your personal possesions and your privacy, DONT STAY IN THIS HOTEL, it is run by criminals. The security man is anything but secure.
If you have already booked this KIP look out for the man with tattoos, wears really tight fitted shirts, has spikey hair and well built. he isint to be trusted.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Darryl2323
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed for a week at marco polo with friends, upon arrival at 4.30am we soon discovered our toilet didnt work when we rang down to reception to explain we were told "oh you'll just have to wait until morning if you need to go dont flush it." The next morning though it was fixed quickly!
We only made it down to breakfast one day but from what i had that day it was nice and it was quiet as nobody makes it down! The hotel is very clean and has everything you need for a typical san an holiday! I think location wise it doesnt get any better than marco polo. The west end is literally 5 mins the beach 2 mins bars etc on your doorstep. Dont ask for a pool view room as you will be subjected to the terrible music from about 8am! The only thing that lets this hotel down is the staff, (mainly the security guy at night) they bang on your door if your music is on, i got told one night after coming in from a night out that i wasnt even staying at the hotel and that i couldnt come in! Another guy was told he had to pay 20 euros to get in!

I am returning to ibiza soon and im going to look for another hotel in the same area, if there was no other option i would stay here again as the location is very good.

Room Tip: Pick a low floor, DO NOT pick pool view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

No water for 2 days, only one decent shower the whole holiday. When the water did come back on it ran red hot/ cold so Impossible to shower.
Staff were rude when we enquired about the water situation.
One of our party had 120 euros stolen from his room so be sure & get a safe.
Far too noisy to sleep, what with 2am binmen, police sirens & drunken girls shouting abuse & fighting.
Wifi is rubbish & a rip off. Not allowed to drink own drinks at pool area.
Good point - very well situated, handy for beach, clubs & bars.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank maryluOtley
Manager1680, Gerente at Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Ms. Otley,
Please accept our sincere apologies for all inconveniences you might found during your stay in our hotel.
Please understand the lack of water was due to some broken pipes that we had to replace and that's why we had to cut all the water in the hotel for about 4 hours, for two days of your stay.
The missing money must have been a misunderstanding, we have no information of this. And we have no other case on this matter. Anyway, we advise all clients to use the safes.
I want to assure you, we are doing our best to keep the nights quiet for all the clients, but sometimes we have to appeal to the Police, because some clients don't respect the rules of the hotel.
And one of the rules, that every hotel has, is to not allow to the restaurant, bar and pool areas drinks and snacks from outside. I hope you will understand it's a general rule of all the hotels in the Island and more.
As for the Wifi, you might be right and I want to inform all clients that they can inform on reception of the Wifi problems and if they are justified, we return back the money they paid or give them another code.
Once again, we are sorry for the inconveniences and I hope you will come back and we will try to offer you a better holiday.
Kind regards,

#4 of 16 in Sant Josep de Sa Talaia
Florencio Hostal
Florencio Hostal
#41 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I? Share your experiences!