“decent hotel for a 4 night stay”

Apartahotel Central City
Reviewed August 28, 2013

me and my friend booked a last minuet deal to ibiza and just went with what was coming up at the cheapest. the reviews were not great. but we arrived at the hotel no problem. until we got to the room. the room needed updating we got a pool view room WITHOUT A BALCONY. so id advise you to ask before you arrive for a balcony view. the hotel is a great place ideal as its just 5 min walk to mambos and the sunset and 5 on to the strip. the air conditioning saved my life. seriously because we had a room (224) that had just a window it was a nightmare getting ready. the hotel is noisy but i guess that depends on who is stopping there not the hotels problem. the staff were amazing as we had trouble with our air con the minuet we got there they came and fixed the window and sorted the air con out. if your coming to ibiza make sure you check out ushuaia. insainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne place! and also zoo project. amazing 4 nights. but 4 nights is just enough for me.
its rather expensive when you get there

also we had a kitchen so we cooked toasties and pasta every night ahha. but the food in the hotel is very nice.

oh and the shop across from the hotel dont go buy cigs there. 7 euro for a packet when you could go to shop further down for 4. also they sell drugs there too. hahhahahhha

Room Tip: very basic and please ask for a balcony room before going. thanks
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank poskitt1234
There are newer reviews for Apartahotel Central City

Reviewed August 27, 2013

2 FEMALES!! 12 NIGHTS JUNE-JULY
okay so where to start...me and one other girl needed a cheap and cheerful crazy get away for the end of our first year at uni, after booking this hotel for £430 for 12 nights we were extremely apprehensive to what we were going to face after taking a look at the reviews, however we went ahead and booked it any way.

whilst on the coach to our hotel we drove through the strip which was absolutely booming, it looked like some sort of carnival was taking place which made us super giddy, and when we pulled up to our destination about 30 seconds later we couldn't believe how good we had got it. we got to the hotel at around 3am and collected our keys, the customer service was on point and we were shown to our room straight away. the room was very basic but clean which was all that mattered. the bathroom ceiling was crumbling a little so when taking a bath i may aswell have been paddling in the sea, we did mention to them and the receptionist said it would be sorted however we didn't want to move rooms so we said we weren't to bothered :) also one the the windows didn't lock but again we didn't care because we were on the second floor so if they offered to have it sorted if we wanted to move rooms.

the pool is also basic and its pretty easy to get a sun lounger depending on the time your going we went from the 24th june - 6 july...we were self catered which i don't regret as all the bars and restaurants were a minute walk away and the food was delicious and pretty cheap 4 euro for a full breaky, and 4 euro for spag bol (pretty much all i ate).

although this review should really be on the hotel alone i had absolutely No problems with is and would happily stay there again, infact it would be my first choice as i cant express enough how perfect the location is, we did the strip 3 or 4 of the nights and to be fair you can get away with spending about 40 euro as they do pretty good deals to drag you in the clubs such as 2 double vodka red bulls a litre cocktail and a shot for 6 euro! however if you are going to pay to go to ibiza and not go crazy hitting the huge clubs then you may as well stay tucked up on the sofa at home watching corrie with a bru!

you need at least £100 a day to have a decent time and i would also book as many tickets before hand!
david guetta at pacha was 80 euro for the ticket out there but it was Sooooo worth it
also pukka up boat party and amnesia are a defo must do 60 euro!

id be here all day if i told you about every club and deal however what i will say is be very carefull with what your purchasing. DO NOT buy any tickets from reps working for your hotel, they charge you for bar crawls on the strip which every club there is free to get into..however the sales reps for the big events and clubs will catch you on the streets or sneak into your hotel and find out on the pool area to try sell you tickets which is were we got most of ours!

the bar reps will try there hardest to sell you the events with the 'free bar' before the event, this is the biggest load of bollocks considering the ticket would be 45 they sell you it with the free bar for 75 when they have one staff member on the bar serving hundreds of other people so youd be lucky to get 2 drinks. buy a bottle of vodka for your pre drinks and just got to your event!

like any holiday you get the lucky lucky men trying to sell you the fake ray bans etc however be careful for the spiritual women that stop you for a harmless chat then wap a bracelet on your arm demanding for money.

transport is free as there is a free party bus to the big clubs but be ready to get crammed in standing on the bus whilst its flying down the motorway at full speed haa!

WE SPEND AROUND £1200 FOR THE 12 NIGHTS EVEN THOUGH WE BOUGHT 2 TICKETS BEFORE COMING OUT TO IBIZA.

i would definitely only recommend groups of friends that are willing to pay any amount to go absolutely crazy, no time for being strict on the pennies in this place.

if you have booked this holiday and like me your a little worried with the reviews, hopefully i have sorted that for you. and if you haven't already booked this place and the reviews are putting you off then BOOK IT you will not regret it!!

iv decided ill be working out here in 2014 so it definitely made a perfect 1st impression. i lurrrrrrrrrv ibiza

1  Thank saaarahhhhhhh
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Right, so like every one has said, they booked this hotel regardless of the reviews and were all slightly apprehensive of what to expect when they got there. Me and my boyfriend were like this too and I was determined that I would change hotels but he wouldn't let me.

We stayed from the 25th July till the 3rd of August.

considering the hotel was 2*, like most in Ibiza, the room was decent and of good size. However, I think we were one of the lucky ones to get a balcony because the majority of the rooms didn't have a balcony, I think 2 bedroom rooms where the rooms which had the balcony's.

We were on the 2nd floor and could see the bottom balcony's which were disgusting because people's ash just fell on their floor, obviously people didn't think to put the ash and ciggies in a plastic cup or whatever, but we did so we had no bother with the people on bottom floor.

Overall the room was clean and the maids came in whenever we weren't hung-over in bed, but some days when we weren't I had to help myself to things off the cleaning trolley like bin bags to empty the bins which haven't been emptied for two days? The floors all over the hotel were really slippy so be careful. The floor in our room was not brushed I don't think either during out stay because I had to do it twice.

Of a night time, the security guard with "CONTROL" on the back of his top was absolutely horrible to me and my boyfriend. very snotty and obviously did not have any training in customer relations. On the bright side, Miguel the night manager was very nice and couldn't help you enough.

The security guard needs to learn some manners he tried to kick my boyfriend out of the hotel when we walked in because he didn't recognise who we were because it was out first night. I was really shocked at how aggressive he was but Miguel was more than sorry so I just let It go.

Its Ibiza so its obviously noisy, but this was just ridiculous haha, especially when you only had about 2 hours sleep and you had drills and hammers going at 8 in the morning the lot :( never mind... it was fun at night though when everyone had their own speakers blurring like us.

The pool area was clean but smelt at times with the life guard always cleaning up after everyone. even though he couldn't really speak English he was lovely and tried to make jokes etc. you are allowed to bring your drinks into the pool.

It was a shame about the grass at the pool area because it was never cut and the soil was orange for some crazy reason so after walking from the pool to your beds the bottom of your feet were orange. the grass had sprinklers of a night so I don't know why the grass was such a mess, maybe if they mowed it, it would be better...

I understand why some people are saying don't come here because some of the room locations were awful especially next to the pool I felt sorry for them having to listen to the constant music, but I guess that's why you come to Ibiza isn't it?

5 mins down the hill to the west end and 5 mins the opposite way to sunset strip. Brilliant location.
The food in the café was good and everything was cheap and cheerful. I would recommend that if you want to stay here that you ask for a room with a balcony.

Oh yeah one more thing, the fridges work but need renewing, I am not scared of a bit of rust but that was just ridiculous.

I would be more than happy to stay here again as long as I got the room I had- 207

Room Tip: Get a safe and a room with a balcony. Air-con is a 10 pound deposit and depending on how many people...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebeca A
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed at the central city apartments for 4 nights for a hen do!!!! The hotel was good in general, they were quite cool and didnt really need the air conditionining considering that time of year. I got it anyway. The apartments were generally clean and towells changed daily. Only problem was, for me, I know this is a youngish kind of hotel, (I'm 38) and noise isnt a problem for me. But god damn, all I got was shouting and slamming doors and moving furniture and playing loud music all the time all through till 7am the next day. Some people didnt sleep. I thought, why you not going out on the strip and getting drunk, why stay in apartment and make unnecessary noise, trust me it was LOUD!!!!!!!!..... I got in about 3 in morning so wasnt an early bird, the noise was constant!!!!!! Close to strip and not too bad considering, nightclubs expensive, beware Eden getting charged on a Monday when you can get in for free!!!!! Fri Sat Sun busiest nights!!!!! West End a bit in your face, and Plastiks is quite good on beach front. Plus Cafe Mambo to watch sunset is awesome!!!!!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

27th July 2013 for 1 week, 2 female girls from Liverpool, after reading all the bad reviews on this site, we were slightly concerned about staying at this hotel, i like nice places to stay but believe you get what you pay for, I can honestly say all the bad stuff you read is a load of rubbish, I cannot fault this hotel in any way at all. We arrived early hours in the morning, check in was quick and easy, air conditioning was not working but was sorted within half an hour for us, room was very clean, shower was really good, prob better than my own at home, sheets on the beds were changed 3 times during our stay, we received fresh towels every single day, the pool bar was excellent, i sampled quite a bit off the food menu, pizza, chicken salad, toasties, all amazing and really cheap.

Safety deposit boxes are located around the corner from reception and not in your rooms, i was worried about this at first but they are 100% safe, and there is a camera over them which the staff have on permanantly.

The hotel is situated in a perfect location, 5 min walk from Mambo with an amazing Italian restaurant just across the road called Davids, i highly reccomend this, portions of food are gigantic though so make sure you are hungry. The West End is a 2 min walk from the hotel, ideal location.

You get what you pay for but i think we got alot more for what we paid, no complaints whatsoever and would definately stay at this hotel again. It can be quite noisy during the night with people coming in and going out drunk but what do you expect for an 18-30s hotel, everybody is just up for a laugh and yes you do get the odd bang on your door during the night but just ignore it an they dont do it again.

I have thouroughly enjoyed my stay here and felt it was necessary to write this review after reading all the bad ones. Mental Central is not as mad as its made out to be but you you will have a scream here!!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

END OF JUNE/BEG OF JULY! - 2 FEMALES

First of all, I can not believe the amount of rubbish written on here about these apartments. I was so worried after booking this hotel thinking I was going to some sort of hostel by the sound of these reviews. If your young, up for a party (surely that's why your in ibiza!!!) & don't mind being in the center of all the noiseee & partyyyyy then central city is for you!

The hotel is fantastic for what you pay, clean, comfy beds... I mean some people must think they are paying for a 5* when they write these reviews. I paid £430 for 12 nights & at that price I was more than happy!

Ok.. if your older you won't enjoy this hotel. However, if your how I mentioned before.. there's music round the pool, clean pool, lots of sunbeds, cheap drinks! etc!

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION IS PERFECT!!! - you can literally not get any better, 2 seconds away from the strip, loads of bars, loads of restaurants.

I always kept hold of my room key and had room 212 which was as I requested as I didn't want a ground floor one. However, you could leave this behind the reception if you wanted. Nothing to worry about.. security guard was there at night, we had no problems at all!

Hotel done.. here's about Ibiza! We went for IBIZA not for the west end. Although the west end is a fantastic night out, you HAVE to try some of the big clubs!! Unbelievable!

the ones we tried:
- AVICII - USHUAIA - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING... outside club!! pools! live stage!! Tickets were 50euro & Drinks are around 10euro-17euro so it is expensive but so worth it!

- ZOO PROJECT - INSANE!.. outside club! everyone gets dressed up as animals, face paints, body paints, a right laugh!! alot cheaper 35euro a ticket... 6euro a drink.

- PACHA - DAVID GUETTA - THE BEST NIGHT OF THE WHOLE HOLIDAY!! WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY & IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!!! - 80euro to get in & 10euro-17euro a drink. UNBELIEVABLE ATMOSPHERE!

-AMNESIA - another amazing club, cream ibiza is a must also! the most packed club! 50euro to get in and same again for drinks.

- WEST END (THE STRIP) is much cheaper but your in ibiza, so id say try the clubs!! get loads of deals.. 10euro for a pitcher, 2 shots and any 2 mixes. free entry to clubs!

- ES PARADIS - brilliant club close to the strip, cheap entry! drinks are pricey as mentioned in the above clubs..

- IBIZA ROCKS - we seen example and pro green there, was fantastic! can get deals on drinks so was cheaper, would say have a night here!! 50euro each.

- BOAT PARTIESSS!! --- we did two, one was the ibiza rocks one, which was good but average. We also did PUKKA UP which i would recommend to anyone, was insane!!!

the only ones that I didn't get chance to try that I wish I did is BORA BORA BEACH on a sunday that's supposed to be briliant and OCEAN BEACH CLUB.. but im sure I will be back for a second time!!

WARNING:::
you will get loads of people coming up to you trying to sell tickets, we didnt mind, its there job. however, if its your first time going.. just say youve been before because they blag your head into all sorts of 'FREE' stuff, nothing is free! when they say FREE BAR it is not free!!! be warned. there is no FREE BUS with the package they are trying to sell you... all the buses are free and something like 3 pound to get home.. thats it. they try to trick you by saying free but after 12 nights.. i clocked this.

just abit more information for everyone as I could hardly find anything on here about ibiza before i went.. I WOULD 100% RETURN TO CENTRAL CITY AND IBIZA!!

its an expensive place but worth every penny!! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank coco-xo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me and my brother stayed there for a week in july 2013.
the hotel is ok for what you pay for its cheap, rooms very basic they are quite clean. They get cleaned every day unless you are in the room, if you're in they will just give you towells and leave it till the next day.
Good working air conditioning aswell, thats probably the best thing about the hotel. We didnt get robbed or anything and we didnt even bother getting a safe either.
BUT and this is a big BUT--- I will not stay there again, the security guard thinks hes some kind of a robocop/hulk hogan. Hes very rude and doesn't even speaks any english. He will throw you out and tell you to sleep on the beach for being a little noisy or something after all its an 18-30 hotel so what do you expect. He pushes people and grabs them and just throws them out. Very very annoying and would be a lot better without that muppet walking the corridors thinks hes a police officer just because hes got "control" written on his t-shirt. He's lucky he isnt a security in Britain, he probably would of been battered.

Overall- Decent hotel for the price but ROBOCOP made it a NoGo!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
#58 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Apartamentos Formentera I
Apartamentos Formentera I
#56 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Apartahotel Central City? Share your experiences!