All reviews sunset strip del mar west end minute walk large fridge my friend recommend this hotel bigger pool worked fine taxi rank perfect base staff on reception cheap hotel ibiza sunset fresh towels the air conditioning short break
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

This is now my fifth stay in Ibiza,and this has been the best and friendliest hotel by a country mile. This is a very clean, quiet hotel in a great location. It's a mere 5 minute walk to the strip and 5 minute walk to Cafe Mambos. There will appear to be a lack of sunbeds on your visit, but don't fear because you have full use of the bigger pool over the way. A shout out to the reception staff (every single one) for being extremely polite, friendly and always willing to go the extra mile. I will definitely be coming here again next year.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank Deano1England
Miguel T, Gerente at Hotel Don Pepe, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for leaving us this kind comment and we will transmit the shout out to our staff to keep them motivated. We will be very please to see you next year.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Just back from holidays, stayed in this hotel, never again. First of all we had booked room with kitchenette and didn’t get it. When asked at the reception for a kettle and cups, they told us to go to Chinese shop and buy . Omg booked hotel and had to buy all the stuff myself in the shop. Pool area pleasant, pool very small and only 12 sun lounges for all hotel guests, people had to lie down on the ground. Only one lift and arround lunch time no way you get a chance to use it because house keepers use it all the time. Rooms weren’t very clean, we found stuff in wardrobe from previous guests. Bed was broken when we arrived and air conditioner leaked all the time with floor wet every morning. I have stayed in many hotels but this hotel is definitely too expensive for what you get. I wouldn’t come back there again. Only good thing is location. Close to everywhere but not too loud.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Miguel T, Gerente at Hotel Don Pepe, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Ali N,

We are very sorry to hear about the various inconviniences encountered in your stay with us. We are taking your feedback very seriously as it will help us improve our services. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2018

Having been to Ibiza 8 times and having stayed at 7 different hotels (In both San Antonio and Playa d'en Bossa, including Ushuaia) I have a pretty good knowledge of the hotels, bars, clubs and even places I haven't been to, better than some of the reps infact.

I go every year for a party holiday, I go out every night, I drink and party until the early hours of the morning. In the day time however I love nothing more than to just chill by the pool and give my liver a rest, unlike a lot of people.

This hotel was perfect for me and the reason I go, it is literally 2 minutes to the Sunset Strip (Cafe Mambo, Cafe Del Mar and Savannah) and 3 minutes to the West End (The best party streets on the Island) there are plenty of minimarts nearby including one pretty much outside the hotel to stock up on snacks and drinks, the main restaurant area is only 5 minutes away and caters to all tastes.

It is around 10 minutes walk to the closest sand beaches (Kanya and the main San Antonio beach) I would always recommend Kanya, it is small but kept very clean, mainly attracts the seasonal workers who are always quiet and friendly in the daytime, a shop is literally 50 metres away for day time snacks and the beach itself has a sort of exclusive feel to it. The main beach in San Antonio however is loud, endless amounts of people drinking all day, kicking and throwing balls around (often intentionally near girls to try and get a conversation started) and has no end of people trying to sell tickets so you do not get a minutes peace.

The hotel itself is clean, staff are very friendly and helpful, even printing tickets off for us that we had ordered online, rooms are cleaned every day and always look presentable, it has a small kitchenette should you wish to save some money and make your own food, also we had 3 different groups in the rooms next to us during our week stay and never heard any of them, the hotel is tall and narrow, there are only 5 rooms per floor which is great for reducing noise, no end of hotels have long corridors where the sound echos throughout, I like to party hard but when I'm in my hotel I like it to be quiet.

The pool area is in the sun from around 11am until the end of the day, there is no bar in the hotel or pool which for some is a problem however it does have some benefits, the pool area is quiet with only a few other people staying around it in the day, it is maintained nicely and litter free, it is ok to play your own music should you want to and talking to others is really easy due to the chilled out vibe. If you like it busier and a pool bar and food the hotel opposite (Central City Apartments) allows you to go in and use their facilities which is good to seperate those that are loud in the day and those that like to relax.

Overall this hotel is fantastic and I will definetly stay again, comfy, quiet, easy to get to, helpful staff, clean and close to the bars when the time calls for it.

Thank you Hotel Don Pepe!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank MrDanIAm

Dear MrDanIAm,

First of all, we would like to sincerely thank you for the long and detailed description of the hotel, facilities, location and staff.

It is a honour for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially since you have tried various places of the island.

If you wish to stay with us on your next visit, we recommend that you book directly on our official website where you will be able to enjoy various promotions and offers.

We hope to see you very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Have stayed many times and all in all a good hotel. Great location. 2 mins to the strip of bars and 2 mins to the beach. Cleaned daily and friendly staff. Pool is not majorly big. Lots of sun loungers. Would recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Miguel T, Gerente at Hotel Don Pepe, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Dear Rebecca-lee W;

It is nice to know that you have enjoyed the options offered by Don Pepe and that you have chosen us several times to enjoy your time with us.
We invite you to visit our official website to be informed of all our options.

Best regards;

Reviewed January 14, 2018

Stayed last July, from the 6th to the 14th. I had a room on the highest floor and even though it didn't overlook the bay as I requested, it was still beautiful to look out outside. Although the hotel and room was very old looking, it was very spacious. A/C, fridge, in room safe all worked fine. I had a minor issue of a couple of ants behind the fridge, but this was fine for me as there were barely any and I didn't find them anywhere else in the room. The hotel elevator is an old elevator with two doors and seems a bit unstable, but it works fine.

Pool area is quiet, you can bring your own drinks which is nice. The view from the pool is quite nice as well.

Overall, great hotel, I would stay here again. I was worried about noise, but it was actually pretty quiet. The staff is nice as well. It just needs some renovation but I can't complain with the price I got when I booked it back in Feb 2017.

Room Tip: Try to request a room that overlooks the bay, but don't be surprised if you don't get it as they only have one room per floor that does.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo

Dear NobbieQ;

Apologize for possible inconveniences that may arise during your stay.
On the other hand it is nice to know that you have enjoyed the comfort that Don Pepe offers plus its location just 5 minutes from some of the best sunsets in the world and just 5 minutes from downtown or the port.
We wish to recirle you again to continue discovering this wonderful island.

Best regards