All reviews taxi rank west end sunset strip bit noisey fantastic location be returning to this hotel following morning closing parties fresh towels long weekend cleaned daily cafe mambo a sea view room bars and restaurants september san deposit
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

After reading these reviews on here, I wasn't really expecting much, but there you go!
Hotel is in a great location, nice and clean, friendly staff, vending machines in reception, room was clean over looking the pool, kitchen had everything for simple self catering.
Towels changed every day if required and rooms cleaned.
Free safe / free aircon so no safety issues.

All in 100% can't wait to go back next year.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time here, everything you could wish from a self catering hotel with a great location but even greater staff,especially the reception team i. e Cesar so friendly helped me with boarding passes and the lot with know qualms even though we were a bit of a handful

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with friends for long weekend.

We got room 102 which over looked the sun and pool area. Room was clean and and plenty of clean towels.

We had no issues with room, aircon worked fine and the safe and the shower.

We did notice tv did not work and had no signal. Hotel was perfect to walk to the strip and cafe mambo.

There was vending machines down stairs that where fair priced and plenty in them.

Found staff to be friendly and very helpful when asked things

All in All the hotel is decent enough for what it is....you get what you pay for!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

My second visit to the hotel and huge improvements - in particular the team/staff

PROS:

Location - Great location just off the harbour, taxi rank and some great restaurants. Eight minutes walk to sunset strip. Can completely avoid western area.

Our final room - 402 (balcony and seaview) had perfect balcony for relaxing and lovely harbour view.

Price - book direct and I don't think you can find better hotel for the price.

Team - very friendly, smiley and excused my lack of Spanish.

Cons:

Initial room - 202 (I think) - overlooked heavily by people at the pool and public sunloungers effectively on our balcony, so much we couldn't open the curtains. The room was small and we had to spend our first night of three there which wasn't happy about at all.

Room banding - Paid for a large sea view room, the best room they offered. Unfortunately photos on hotel website very misleading, showed large room two windows. We had two different rooms neither were large and both only had one window.

SUMMMARY:
For the price, the location and final rooms we had o highly recommended

Our night in the first room really did ruin first day of holiday so had to mark down. It should not be sold as the highest spec room when it's so overlooked. It would have been 5/5 review without this.

Sign up to the hotel chains mailing list for heavy discounts and always book direct for best deals. We book every Ibiza trip through them can't beat the prices.

Well done to the hotel management for getting a better team on reception; huge improvement.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Miguel T, Gerente at Apartahotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear client,

Thank you for the thourough description and feedback of your stay in our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you r stay with us has been better than the last time and we will transmit your kind words to our receptionists.

We hope to see you again in your next trip in Ibiza.

Kind Regards,

Good views from balcony
24 hr reception
Close to the strip

The bad bits

Room was cramped. Booked for 3 people, room is supposed to be a twin room but had a fold up camping bed setup, all 3 beds pushed up against each other.

Camping bed collapsed when I sat on it causing concussion, reported to reception who seemed to take this seriously at the time. As the days went on I was requesting updates and come the morning of our last day they had appearently checked the bed over and several members of staff all say the bed was perfect but could not explain why it collapsed on me.

No compensation was provided except for a late check out which in my eyes is no way near good enough! The manager did not have the decency to come and see me either even when I had requested this.

Beds are very firm and quite uncomfortable.

There is black mold around the air-conditioning unit on the wall, there was no control for the AC so this was permanently on and it was broken so no fins to direct the air. Health risk to the asthmatic folk.

The TV would not pick up any signal, we re-tuned and got nothing.

The sink in the bathroom was not attached to the wall correctly, just one bracket and 2 screws, very wobbly!

The shower head bracket did not allow the shower head to be adjusted and sprayed to the back in the bath.

Floors are all tiled and when we first got into the room the bathroom must have just been mopped as one of the group nearly slid and fell into the bath.

I'm sure there was more but nothing is coming to mind, very tired, will update once I can think straight