“My spiritual home!” 5 of 5 stars

Hostal Valencia
Norton, null, United Kingdom
“My spiritual home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My 2nd stay at this hotel was even more enjoyable than the 1st having a spacious balcony overlooking the street and screened by huge palm trees took unwinding to a new level. Great food,great pool,great room and felt truly welcome by the Valencia family...my gf and I had a wonderful stay on this fantasy island....faultless accommodation...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JaiKhan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were wary of booking a hostel as we usual stay in 3*Hotels but thought we'd try it as the reviews were very good,I'm so glad we did.
Hard to find due to wrong directions and not in the prettiest location(lots of graffiti) but the Hostel itself was a pleasant surprise,family run,very clean and well laid out. The rooms were functional(cleaned every day),with a small fridge and brilliant hairdryer. We were given a map on arrival and any directions we needed we only had to ask,only 7mins walk to the bus station,10mins from beach etc which was great. There is a pool area with a choice of sun and shade,very quiet when we were there. There's a lovely patio area at the front where food is served(excellent breakfast for 6 euros) plus dining space inside and a lounge with board games etc. Considering it's a hostel we were surprised how quiet is was with people of all ages,manned 24hrs on reception. We were allowed to stay in our room till 5pm with no charge,also the safe was free(20 euros,refundable on departure). Only quibbles were no kettle,no umbrellas and sunbeds weren't adjustable,

Room Tip: Ask for room at front if you want a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Vanessa B
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Myself & my fiancé stayed here for a week in August - the hostal is fabulous; tucked away in a quiet little street at the top end of San Antonio Town so even though you are in the rowdiest resort on the island you can actually get a good nights sleep! The walls are thin, as they are in most hotels however this did not bother us (& I am a light sleeper). The hotel seems to attract similar minded people who want a good time but also a quiet base to relax.

The rooms were lovely, typical Spanish décor, a big wardrobe with lots of hangers, two single beds pushed together - a typical Spanish “double room”, air con which you can control, even a little washing line with pegs outside your window. The bathroom was spotless & shower was always hot & powerful. Hairdryer & towels in the bathroom too. Rooms cleaned daily to a very high standard.

The pool & terrace area is lovely, the swimming pool was actually a lot bigger than we were expecting, clean and well looked after. Plenty of sun loungers, seating and tables.

To the front of the hostal is another terrace with more tables and chairs, ideal location to enjoy the gorgeous breakfasts/lunches on offer. We were very impressed with the food – generous portions and always fresh. As mentioned in a review below… try the fruit and muesli – you will be gob smacked! There is also free wi-fi available throughout the hostal.

Hostal Valencia is a family run business, Fernando & his family welcome you with open arms, making you feel right at home. No ask is too big for them. We checked out at 12 but were only due to fly at 8 – Fernando allowed us to use the pool all day & gave us towels to use in the poolside shower to save ours being soggy in our case – very helpful!

I would highly recommend this little gem & will 100% be returning :) Thank you for such a lovely stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank xxhelenxx
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hostal is run by a family. Every member of their lovely family is very pleasant. Wifi didn't work that well (their router got some issue with Apple devices), but other than that, everything was great. We bought tickets to Amenesia from them and rented a scooter from their referral. Great time overall, I would highly recommend staying here!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Hua L
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for the second year running and again we were delighted with our stay. It is such a gem hidden away in a quiet residential street and close to Cala Gracio. We were welcomed again by the family and we had a lovely, relaxing stay. Our room was basic, but very clean and well equiped offering air con at no extra cost and a safe. We had some drinks on the patio one evening and they were priced very well. The only thing that I will point out is that the walls are quite thin and you may be woken up by housekeeping moving the beds around in the morning so if you are a light sleeper take some earplugs.

Thank you again Fernando and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cfrancis24
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hostal is lovely during the day - quiet, quaint and excellent value. However, do not stay if you are a light sleeper and not a party goer. I guess I should have realised that the owners cannot control the revelry that is inevitable so close to St Antonio, and which overspills into the hostal in the sense that guests arrive back anytime between 2am and 6am and the noise has woken me up every night so that I have now had 6 sleepless nights and am more tired than when I came, as I am working during the day and unable to recover like the partygoers who presumably can sleep it ott.
On my first night 2 girls were having a huge row - shouting and swearing very loud at about 4am, so I asked to be moved as I was on a floor of girls only. They moved me to the third floor but a little apprehensively as they said the couple in the room next door had been arguing the previous night. However as this had been pointed out to them I took the chance. The next few nights I had their bedroom antics for 2 hours each night between about 2.30am and 4.30am. The last night it was someone else in that room - not sure if 2 men or a man and woman; but they arrived in at 5.30am and that was my hope of further sleep over. First animated talking/shouting - then violent throwing up and loos flushing and a shower. I put my headphones on but heard it through that and it was far from relaxing. Chairs can be heard scraping loudly and shoes echo down the corridors, as ther is no insulation or sound proofing and the flooring carries the noise. A shame as so nice in every other respect. Simple but adequate rooms, pleasant seating area outside but only come if you are a deep sleeper or happy to be woken or are likely to be someone who will be doing the waking. Next time I will have to go further afield for some night time peace. But I expect most people coming here will be in this vicinity for the night life so will be fine. Peaceful to recover the next day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Catherine C
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Visited on 6th sept for 4 nights. Used trip advisor before booking and was delighted that this hotel exceeded my expectations. The room had a lovely balcony overlooking the breakfast terrace and street which was never noisy. Bed was very comfortable and room spacious , bright and clean. Fernando and his family were very welcoming and attentive making my stay a pleasure. As previous reviews say the breakfasts were delicious and very good value. Taxi from airport was 35 euros and took 20 mins.
Did not want to leave and am already planning my return next September . Would not stay anywhere else. Thank you Fernando!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends