“Made our holiday!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hostal Valencia
Staines, Middlesex
“Made our holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and i were going to Ibiza mainly for the closing parties bearing this is mind we just wanted a bed and bathroom so we were going for nothing to fancy! After getting married and holidaying on the island we have stayed in a few hotels and villas but never in San An.
When we arrived it was dark but we could still see the prettiness of the hostel, which to me was more like a hotel anyway.
Our room was actually larger than I expected and very clean. We had 3 single beds, a dressing table, wardrobe and a safe (which was at no extra cost)
The balcony over looked the quiet road and the breakfast area which even with a few people eating was never noisy. The bathroom was a good size with a decent shower (including shower gel and shampoo) the towels were changed daily as was the sheets and the room was cleaned everyday also.
We were never hassled about the time in which the room was cleaned, the cleaner would knock and then come back later if we were still in bed. But this wasnt early morning either so not a problem.
Fernando and he's family we're so welcoming, friendly and helpful. My husband has made a new friend in Fernando! They changed money up for us giving us a good rate, and recommended good restaurants around the island.
On a couple of nights/mornings we stumbled in at 6am when even at that time getting a cold corona wasn't a problem!!!
I felt safe here and even though I used the safe for my belongings I would definitely trust them.
The security is brilliant someone is constantly there 24 hrs.
We had lunch with friends at the hotel and was very nice, the pool was cold but it was a really bad week for weather...the actual pool area itself is clean and very pretty.
The area around the hostel was just far enough away so that you had a bit of peace and quiet, but you only had to walk 10 mins and you were in the thick of it all. Sunset strip was 10 mins away and the bus station was only 5 mins away. We hired a car and always managed to get a parking space.
I haven't got anything bad to say about this hotel and we will definitely be going back next year!

Room Tip: Choose a room with no one above you as you can hear moving chair noises.
1 Thank Samantha H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. It is in a great location on a quiet street about 5 minutes walk from Cala de Moro and Kanya bar. The rooms are fairly basic, but clean and have everything you need, including a hair dryer, free air con and free wifi in the reception/lounge area. Our room was cleaned every day and we were not disturbed once by the cleaning staff. All the staff were friendly, polite and helpful. There was a small bar area serving drinks and snacks and a pool at the back of the hotel with plenty of sun loungers for you to relax on. There was also a lovely patio area out the front of the hotel which was nice to sit and have a drink at. The hotel was very quiet with a relaxed atmosphere - great when you want to escpae the rowdy "west end". I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again in the future. Thank you Hostal Valencia for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms near the elevator if you are a light sleeper. Also - request a balcony room.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cfrancis24
mart28
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Well most of the reviews on Hostal Valencia were good and so they should be! Although in back of my mind the word Hostal always put a little dought on my decision to stay here. How wrong was i. Me and the mrs booked here for 10 days and from minute we checked in the owners were very polite and extremely helpful. Think its a hotel based on around 24 rooms, we had a room on the 3rd floor which had a balcony facing out over looking san an itself, very nice as well as the sun was straight on the balcony as soon as it rose. Room had twin beds which were comfy, bathroom with shower and the usual things you'd expect. Also has a safe which was free to use which was great, i say this as a lot of places charge. The room was exceptionally clean, and cleaned every day of our stay, mostly after midday but this suited us as some nights were very late haha. The pool area was very clean with a decent sized pool which on most days never had anymore than 4-6 people around so plenty of loungers. The bar was great and cheap, 2-3 euros for any alcoholic drink and until 3pm they served food. I had a couple of breakfasts and few meals there and they were all very nice.

The hotel is in a very good location, about 5 minute walk away from the cafe del mar and about 7 minute walk into the west end. I have stayed in Ibiza before and it can be very hectic, sure i like to party but also i like to sleep when i want and this hotel was perfect for that and that's why we picked it and very glad we did. The owners are very helpful and any info we needed they were more the helpful. Also the air conditioning was well needed and once again all free and in so many hotels you get charged for this.

This may have the word Hostal in but do not be fooled, this is cleaner and better run than most 3* an upwards hotels in Ibiza and i can say that coz i have stayed in a fair few over many visits to the island. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and look forward to coming back next year :-)

1 Thank mart28
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed in hostal valencia 2 years in a row (september 2010 + september 2011) and I honestly cannot praise it enough. I have been to Ibiza a number of times and this is by far the best place I stayed in. We stayed for 2 weeks in september 2011, brilliant!
The rooms are so clean, I guarantee you will not be able to fault the cleanliness! They are cleaned every single day of the week and the maid is just lovely. Air con is great, there is a flat screen tv in the room with a good lot of channels on it. You have your own en suite toilet and shower and little shampoos and shower wash if you need it. Fresh towels are given everyday!

There is also a pool area at the back which is kept so beautiful by the owners, again very clean! The pool is of great size and the area is extremely private, most of the days there were not many people at the pool.
The food is cooked by the family also and is delicious, the baguettes and the chicken are great! They have a nice little bar area, try the sangria if you get a chance, I had it alot i loved it so much.
The area itself is about 5 minutes away from the beach and 10 minutes walk away from the west end but its great for quietness. One more thing I loved about this place was the security, the owners were always around and there was always someone at the reception, 24 hours a day.

I guarantee you wont be dissappointed here!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank catherine_mul
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at Hostal Valencia for a week in June/July and all I can say is that we all loved it!
I would not class Valencia as a hostal, more a family run hotel so do not let the name 'hostal' put you off.
Not only are all the staff friendly and helpful but all the guest seemed to share this and we would often chat to people round the pool! The pool area itself is lovely, it is generally quiet, so nice to relax around and there is no sunbed wars!
The food and drinks are brilliantly priced (the baguettes are great) there is a good food menu selection as well as ice creams. Alcoholic drinks (such as cider and lager) are around 2 euros each a bargain compared to other hotel prices.
The rooms are spacious and clean, the towels are changed daily also. The air con and safe is free which again is great when you compare with other hotels that charge for these.
Just a tip, as it is a small hotel our taxi from the airport was unsure of where it was I showed the address and he soon found it but if you experience the same just advise the driver that it is close to 'Hotel Brisa' and they should soon find it!
I fully recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank helloglitterman
Como
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Well, I am enjoying my holiday here and I guess I've chosen the best place I could ever have... The position is perfect because far from the nightlife so I can sleep extremely well...
The room is quite perfect and clean... no air condition needed and quite windy !
Staff absolutly kind and friendly....Negative comments?!? Mmmm...no anyone after my fouth day...
As usual, I will come back in this place if back in that island,,,
Congratulation to Mr, Fernando & his family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nicola C
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel after seeing the reviews on trip advisor. Having visited Ibiza 14 times between us we know just what we want out of our trips to The white isle. This hotel was a short walk from the little beach we like just past sunset trip. Also because it was an extra two or so streets back from the other "lively" hotels, or the ones with large groups of friends, we thought we 'd get more peace and quiet - and we did.

The family run hostel is brilliant and excellent value for money. We were both so surprise at how clean the rooms were. Everyday they were spotlessly cleaned.

My only tiny moan was that as the doors were thin, and I'm a light sleeper, I did hear people coming in and moving chairs etc. not drunken people being silly, just genuine people coming home to sit on the balcony. This wouldn't stop me going back at all. And considering that's my only moan I don't think there is anywhere else in San An that could have everything just right like this hostal has.

Great food too, all freshly cooked by a member of the family.

• Stayed July 2012