“Really good Hostel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hostal Valencia
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Really good Hostel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Really clean, everything we needed. Service really good. Food and drinks really reasonable. Really good location a short walk away from Port and sea and bars, would definitely recommend. has a lift, does good food. Walls a bit thin but the only things we could hear were practical things like closing doors etc rather than drunken people returning.Would definitiely go back! Most importantly it has air con- a blessing! Water 2euro for a large bottle. Man on the desk at all times.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

What a find! In a different league to most hotels in San Antonio (and I've stayed in most of them). It's a little out of the way and so a lot quieter than your average dive, and didn't get any all-night shouting / partying at all. That said, the walls were a little too thin - we could hear pretty much everything that was going on in the room next door.

The room itself was quite large and the price included air conditioning, unlike most hotels in the area. Most rooms look out over the pool area. The beds weren't amazing but comfortable enough. The larger rooms have 3 single beds, the smaller rooms have 2 single beds. The
rooms were really clean and tidy and well looked after, and housekeeping cleaned them and changed the bedding daily.

This hotel is run by a Spanish family, who are all really friendly and helpful and speak good English. They were always very accomodating, even when we fancied a couple of beers on the terrace at 4am. The pool area is great, and they have a well stocked fridge and freezer full of reasonably well priced drinks and ice creams (e.g. a bottle of Corona was only about €2). The food is pretty good too, I can recommend the pizzas and the omlettes.

Just up the road is a little-known tapas restaurant on the roundabout that I've been going to for years - if you stay at this hotel you really must pay them a visit! A small beach and Kanya etc are about a 15 min walk away.

For €25 per room per night, you cannot go wrong. This is my new favourite hotel in San An (was previously Hotel Gran Sol) and I will definitely be going back there.

Room Tip: It's a small hotel, so all rooms either look over the pool area or have balconies to the front o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here with friends for 7 nights. Close to the west end and the sunset strip but far enough away to relax, the hostel is very peaceful and quiet. The owners and staff work really hard and every area of the property is spotlessly clean. Bar and snack area is good, can get a bottle of beer for 2 euros and the bar snacks and breakfasts are very good. The owners and staff are so friendly and accommodating and nothing is too much trouble. The pool area is very good, again spotlessly clean and with a good size pool and plenty sun loungers. The sun only starts hitting the pool area around midday which is perfect if you have been out until the early hours! Maid service was very good and the room was cleaned every day without fail. It is a perfect place for small groups of friends and couples, other hotels nearby seemed rowdy but this place was so peaceful. The location is excellent, we could not fault the place and if we were to go to Ibiza again we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank millycat1
HVIBZ, Propietario at Hostal Valencia, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you very much for being here, thank you for write your opinion, we like to know all the opion. We are glad that you have a nice holiday here ; )
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed here 25-30 Sept, on my own & feel that this hotel is a little gem. Booked after reading the reviews on tripadvisor, for a few days of peace & quiet with no family, & wasn't disappointed with my choice. As mentioned in lots of other reviews, this hotel is clean & quiet, but near enough to everything to be able to walk within about 10 mins to sunset strip or west end. Air con was efficient & free, wasn't expecting a hairdryer in the room but there was one, breakfast brilliant value - asked the owner what time breakfast was served & she said from 8 till 10....11.....12 & not to worry if I wanted to sleep. - with various choices such as bacon & eggs or muesli, yoghurt & fruit, all served with toast, orange juice & coffee/tea. Daily room cleaning if required, fresh white towels, I can't really fault this place. It's not 5 star luxury but for the price is great. Didn't feel the need to use the safe in the room as the whole place felt so friendly & safe & tucked away.
The location can feel a bit tricky to find your way back to but there are excellent free maps of the area at reception which I used often & carried everywhere. Virtually all the shops are shut from 1-5, so take it easy at that time of day & have a quiet read by the empty hotel pool in the pretty garden. I was never out in west end till late so can't comment on that, but the one evening I did get a taxi back from the port area it cost me about 5 euros.
If you want a quiet holiday in San Antonio, then this hotel is the place to stay. The owners are helpful & friendly, the food is good & the whole stay was brilliant value for money. I loved it & would definately go back.
One word of warning about airport transfers. If you book a normal resorthoppa service, the coach drops you off on the main road & you have to find your way down the side streets on your own, which I felt v uncomfortable with at 3am, with my luggage, on my own. I had paid for speedy transfer which was only about £5 more & discovered on my return trip, that I should have been taken to the door in a taxi. Worth paying for & I'll know next time what service I should be getting.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony, they overlook the road & breakfast patio, but it's a very quiet littl...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank tinkytinx
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

Myself and fiance has just returned from a 3 night stay and will definately return and recommended it to other couples and small groups of friends!

I booked the Valencia after reading other great reviews from others and it didn't disappoint!

It such an adorable little hotel. We partied till 6am each night and slept in till lunch each day and slept really well. Its so quiet and relaxing and we never heard any noise and the beds are really comfortable. We spent our afternoons relaxing by the pool area which is so lovely but be warned the water is ffffffffreezing!

The family that ran the hotel were so lovely and we actually felt like we were guests in their house!

Air con, flat screen telly,room safe and hairdryer are all included in the room which is unbelievable really! Most hotels i know charge for air-con and safes.

Make sure you get your bearings before you go out...it wasn't funny wandering up and down the little streets at silly o'clock trying to remember where it was haha! Its about a 5 min walk to Cafe Mambo and the Sunset Strip and a little further to the west end. If you've been to ibiza before then and know the area its just a couple of streets away from ibiza Rocks.

Don't be put off by the title 'Hostal' because its just like a hotel but without a big restaurant and a team off staff.

Met some lovely people round the pool too so if you're reading this and realise who I am then hello to the 2 lads and 2 girls from down south! :-)

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Siobhan W
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed here on 17/9/11 with 4 other couples for a 4 day weekend.

We cant fault this lovely rustic small and friendly Hostal. It was just what we wanted great for couples and tavellers.
The staff here are great and if you like Football you will go down a treat with Fernando who I think ran the place as he was always about!
Rooms basic but up to standard with Air Con/ LCD TV/Hair dryer (although ours didnt work but i took one anyway and when i mentioned it they offered me one) and FREE in room safe, all they ask is for you not to loose the key!
Room seemed to be cleaned every day and fresh towls.
Half the rooms had balconys the others none but do have a pool view. My only dissapointment was that we had no balcony where most of our group did and we had booked before some of them. The sun came balcony side first meaning the pool area didnt get sun till about 10.30-11 which I was also a bit dissapointed about but after our first night it was clear we wouldn't be up that early anyway. There is a lovely veranda here to eat breakfast on in the morning and to chill for a beer. Breakfast was a bargin 5euros for 2toast, eggs, bacon, tea/coffee and fresh orange also a bargin were the beers 2euros each.
The Hostal is about a 5-10 minute walk in to the Centre/West End and Sunset Strip. We couldn't believe how close we were yet far enough out of it not to hear all the goings on, only downside is the streets can be a bit of a maze and me and my Boyfriend got lost trying to find our way back in the day which was a laugh being so hungover the rest of our party didnt have any trouble!
As a group we have all said we would definatly stay here again if were dare to return after such a mad but brilliant weekend the Hostal Valencia 5* very happy

Room Tip: reqeust balcony view at tme of bookin it may help
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from the hotel Valencia after staying for 8 nights. I have been to Ibiza many times and always stay in hotels paying double what we paid for Valencia. I honestly have to say what a perfect stay. Rooms basic but cleaned every day. Free air con & safe :) no damages deposit to pay like most Ibiza hotels. Close enough to walk everywhere. Will defiantly return. Really do highly recommend this for basic but a perfect stay in San an :)

• Stayed September 2011