“Brilliant place-don't hesitate to book!”

Apartamentos Poniente Playa
“Brilliant place-don't hesitate to book!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here for a hen do for 6 of us, excellent price at only £30 for 3 nights. The apartment was spotless, with 2 bedrooms and also 2 bathrooms-plenty of room for us girls to get ready. We didn't make much use of the kitchenette, however it seemed to have everything you would need and lots of glasses.
Location is fab, it only took about 10-15 minutes to walk to the West End or a couple of minutes to get the sea. Considering how close it was to all the action, it was very quiet at night and had a great nights sleep. Lots of restaurants nearby with cheap prices.
Reception staff couldn't have been more helpful and the food/drink in the restaurant downstairs was reasonably priced and tasty. The shop attached to the apartments was also very reasonably priced for both alcohol and other things.
Overall I have no negatives, such a great place to stay and I can't wait to go back. This was my 5th time in San Antonio-wish I'd found this place sooner!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times now with my wife and 4 yr old daughter. This is excellent value, well located and staff are really good. Please note this is a "twentys" place and has large young groups in, but we go in may so its technically out of season and pretty tame this time of year. So I wouldn't personally come here during peak season as I need to sleep at night. BUT saying that staff are great, especially the night porter, he doesn't take any sh1t, so if you ever did have any problems, he'd be straight up. They have a good bar and shop too. Also if you stay here they have a hidden gem ! Ask about their roof top terraces, they have sunset views, large balconies/terraces, and don't cost much more, plenty of parking too if you have a car.

Room Tip: Sunset roof top terraces!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 01Mike75
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have just returned from my 5th stay at the Poniente Playa.

My friend and I paid £80 p/p for a 5 night stay. I have paid less previously but that was because the rooms were split between more people.

Upom arrival we were greeted by one of the many friendly receptionists who quickly and politely checked us into the hotel.

We had a room on the 2nd floor and I noticed that this floor has had a refurb since last year and all rooms are now accessable via key cards and not keys, I find this is better as you can safely look after a card whilst out.

Our room was a one bedroom apartment with full kitchen facilites, a newish and clean bathroom and 2 large sofa's in the living room - our room could have easily accommodated 4 people.

We did not eat at the hotel as a bar called Golden Bhudda over the road is just what we were after, tapas, cold beers on the beach front and free wifi :)

The small beach by Kanya is a 3 minute walk and there is a small shop upon the way. We spent our days down the beach as the hotel pool is quite expensive and plays some very questionable music!

Cafe Mambo & Del Mar are just a 5-8 minute walks around the bay, these are excellent places to watch the famous sunset.

The west end or strip (cheap drinks) is around a 10 minute walk away, I found this better as you do not get all the noise from the people heading home.

Since my first stay here back in 2009 I have reccomended it to everyone who has gone to Ibiza!

Room Tip: Try and get a top floor room as they have a huge balconies and a view of the sunset!
2 Thank 308SteveJ
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

we stayed at poniente may 2011,we only payed £106 pp including flights,was not expecting much but was surprised of how clean the apartments was,check in was quick and easy with helpful & friendly staff,we had a lovely room with sun all day on balcony cant remember room number but it was at the end right hand side of hotel ( above reception).......please note this hotels pool is across the road....food at hotel was good(only had b/fast n the odd plate of chips n gravy).hotels location was brill only a walk away from main strip(west end) and also few mins to sunset strip
go and enjoy ;-)

Room Tip: rooms to the right above reception are better over looking road and sunny rooms to left overlooking...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Me and four of my friends stayed for my 21st recently - for the five of us we have an enormous apartment with two bedrooms, it was clean, spacious and excellent location - despite the central location there was no loud music and sleeping was fine. The food in the restaurant downstairs was cheap and tasty, I would definitely stay again!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was originally quite concerned at the quality of the hotels around San Antonio...a holiday away with me and my sister didn't necessarily require luxury as knew we would be out at the clubs/beach/bars but still wanted cleanliness and comfort. Poniente Playa delivered :)

We were really impressed by how much space the one bed aprts offered...kitchen with everything you would need (fridge MOST important) balcony...couple of sofas, TV clean bathroom and bedroom with another balcony. Couldn't have asked for more, plus 1 min walk away from the sunset bars (my favourite part)! Pool and restaurant seemed cheap and cheerful but didn't fully check them out tbh...

...yes was bit noisy but what do you expect?! Not overally annoying just groups of guys and girls out for fun in the sun. No trouble at all and can't speak for high season but certainly was cool around opening party time. got a late check out for 20 euros so we could pretty much leave at 11pm for our flight home...made a little more comfortable by heading to café mambo before hand :)

All in all would highly recommend for clean, spacious base at a good price and location for an ibizan party getaway...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Motherwell
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great wee hotel.... Wife here for three nights for a HEN doo.... And said it was brill, really clean, in fact looked freshly painted. Pictures on here do it no justice. Stayed in a two bed self catering apt. Loads of room for all the girls could have slept six in each room easily. Food ok and reasonable priced. 3.50 euro for full Brekie :) staff lovely mad porter at night but still lovely lol.the only down fall this place has is that pool is across road, that's not the problem but not being allowed your own water was.the girl at the pool bar will it off you and give back when leaving.

Room Tip: Good value for money for the time year. 3 nights for £47 29th may to 1st June 13 :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
#28 of 100 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Orvay
Orvay
#35 of 100 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Apartamentos Poniente Playa? Share your experiences!