“Impressed.”

Marina Playa Hotel & Apartments
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for a 3 days when visiting Ibiza between the 10th and 17th April. The welcome we received was fantastic and the lady on the reception desk was so helpful. She gave us both a bottle of water and whilst this isn't much the small things do add up. The location is fantastic and although San Antonio will be very different between June - September you cannot fault the setting. The pool area is outstanding, new sunbeds which are very comfortable and double beds to lounge with friends etc on. The bar service is very good with an extensive range of cocktails, although be aware that these are around 8-12 euros so dont come cheap. The pictures of the apartments are an accurate representation as has been mentioned before however I thought they were welcoming and is easy to relax in. They are extremely clean and all of the staff were so courteous and helpful. Highly reccomended.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carllongs

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely holiday and enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Rooms are quite basic, but photos are a good representation of the rooms. You can see a lot of money is being spent to update the hotel from what I'm guessing is that 1970's style spainish hotel. Pool area was being updated while we were here with new sunbeds, tabels and chairs, which were very nice. Pool was a little cold to jump into in April, so a shame we couldn't make use of it, but I look forward to using it another time!
Location is good, right on the beach and not more than a 20 min walk along the coast to the town. I've just read a review on here that someone can go half board for an extra 30euro each. We paid and extra £50 each for breakfast, and I'm not sure I'd recommend this. Breakfast is 'continental'. It's tea or coffee, juice, toast or a crossiant. I didnt really feel this covered the extra £100 we spent on breakfast. I get its continental, but by the end of the week, I didn't ever want to see a slice of toast again! Continental is fine, but some variety would be good. Especially for people who may have a gluten intolerance, this breakfast would be no good. My advice would be to pay for breakfast as you go if you don't want the same thing every day.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MariaServitur, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Playa Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Regarding breakfast service I would like to inform you that the extra charge is 6,50€ per person and day. Continental breakfast consists generally of milk, coffee or juice and toast or a sweet roll. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. However we will study the possibility to improve our breakfast service. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just returned from this hotel having stayed 7 nights in a one bedroom apartment. The reason we booked a one bedroom apartment was because there were supposed to be 4 of us travelling but our eldest daughter couldn't make it so in theory we could have booked a studio with sea view but we stuck with the apartment due to the extra space. The rooms were a very good size with a separate bedroom which had not one but 2 sun terraces (this was room 201 at the end of the complex so had a sun terrace on the road side of the hotel and also one at the back), basically if you'd wanted to you could have sunbathed there all day however there was no furniture on the sun terraces whatsoever to enable you to do that comfortably and it's not like there wasn't enough room because they could comfortably have got some sunloungers on there, just seems a bit daft to me to have a large sun terrace that gets sun all day long and have nothing on them to sit on comfortably. The bathroom did let things down slightly, it was ok but the shower curtain rail was hanging on with one rusty screw and the shower head didn't fit in the holder on the wall properly, just little details that detracted from the much higher standard of decoration in the rest of the apartment. Apart from that I have to mention the noise from the dogs in the properties (residential I assume) opposite the hotel , whenever anyone walked past the gates they would start barking and one seemed to set another off and this went on seemingly all hours although to be fair it didn't really prevent me from sleeping at night apart from maybe 1 night but it was annoying so be aware that if you're in the one bedroom apartments e.g. 201, 203, 205 (and the rooms above and below those , 101, 103, 105, 301, 303, 305?) it might be something worth bearing in mind...
As for the hotel itself, very snazzing reception / pool terrace area that was still being improved while we were there in fact when we left yesterday they'd just had a whole load of new terrace furniture delivered i.e. sunloungers etc that looked very nice and comfortable and more upmarket than the white plastic ones we had to use (which were fine don't get me wrong). If you do decide to lay around the pool and want a drink do bear in mind you're not allowed to take your own drinks and have to buy them from the sun terrace bar which can add up when you're paying a minimum of 7 or 8 Euros for 3 drinks and for spirits / cocktails considerably more. The price of drinks has been touched on before and I have to say I agree with the sentiments that they're on the pricey side even after the 10% discount for hotel guests. I would like to think they could give hotel guests something like a 30% discount on the drink prices , they'd still make money and it would perhaps make people feel more comfortable about staying at the hotel around the pool.
I wasn't aware of the hotel doing any food, there is a restaurant under the hotel but from what they said they weren't affiliated with the hotel as such , we ate there once at night and I have to say the meal was very nice so I'd have no reservations about eating there. The hotel did offer me a half board option for 30 Euros per person (adults and children) which I didn't take up as I thought it was quite expensive just for breakfast and evening meal especially for kids and as it turned out there were plenty of places to eat 2 mins from the hotel (English / Italian / Chinese / Indian) for very reasonable prices (see my review of Pizzaman SC for example) which leads me on to the hotel location....one word 'fantastic'. Honestly from my point of view the location couldn't be better, it has fantastic views of the bay , directly opposite a lovely beach and with shops and restaurants all within a 2 minute walk and a slightly more lively area with a few bars / pubs etc within a 5-10 min walk , just across the road is the start of a lovely seafront 20 min walk to San Antonio town where there were obviously lots more shops / restaurants (including burger king if you felt that way inclined.). The only issue as far as the location is concerned really are the properties opposite the hotel with the dogs but if you stay in one of the seaview rooms at the front that shouldn't really be an issue at all and I can imagine the view out of those rooms must be something special , certainly I think if we stay here again we'll go for a studio with seaview if possible.
Apart from all of that there were some guests who were very loud and I think its fair to say spoilt things for some people especially in the restaurant when they were trying to have a nice quiet meal, hey they're on holiday and trying to have a good time I can't knock them for that but a little more consideration for others wouldn't have gone amiss.
So to sum up I (we as a family) had a fantastic week at this hotel, for the first week in April the weather was unbelievable with just one cloudy day and the rest of the week clear blue skies and mid 20s temps , if I hadn't known better I would have sworn it was July the weather was that good. The hotel looks very nice inside , the beds are very comfortable and the rooms a decent size (apartments at least). I'd stay there again which I guess says it all really

Room Tip: Sea view room at the front if you don't need a separate bedroom
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank zAndy1uk
MariaServitur, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Playa Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

What a treat to read your detailed review and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests at Marina Playa. The team and in particular are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us . Your observations, recommendations and feedback are much appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor guest’s needs and expectations. Once again, thank you for your recommendation and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back to our Island again in the near future.
Warm regards,
María Sánchez

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Very polite and helpful staff, pool area has brand new sunbeds and is lovely. Room faultless, if not a little basic. BUT breakfast is toast with jam or croissants with a drink only, no choice, which is boring and ridiculous. Quite frankly we feel a little ripped off as had pre paid for this.

1  Thank Adam J

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the ambiance of our property and the new Terrace area.
Regarding breakfast service I would like to inform you that it is continental breakfast consists generally of milk, coffee or juice and toast or a sweet roll. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Photographs are a good representation of the rooms. Can be fairly noisy at night though as the sound of people flushing toilets and taking showers/ banging on your door at 1am tends to break ones slumber.

The room was clean and tidy, but smelt like someone had chain smoked 40 Marlboro reds in there just before we arrived. 4days in and it still stinks.

Over all cheap and cheerful , thinking the stink was just a case of bad luck

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear you that pictures are good representation of the rooms and we have a good location. However, I am certainly disappointed by the lack of disagreeable smells you experienced in your guest room. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, as I suspect you saw throughout the rest of the property. Your experience falls way below our standards. Please reach out to me personally at marketing@servituribiza.com with your check in date and confirmation number. With this information I can investigate what fell through in the cleaning process of your room and ensure it won’t happen again. Also, before booking your next stay, contact me personally so we can go above and beyond your expectations!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel is a great value - right on the beach. The pictures are pretty accurate about how the rooms look, and the staff was very friendly. It's about a 20 minute walk from the city, and there are some decent breakfast places nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Coffeegirl33
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just back from the sun-kissed island of Ibiza.

Enjoyed a short break at the Marina Playa Apartments.

The room was excellent with a brilliant sea view and overlooking the terrace and beach.

Sadly the resort is closing down for the winter which is really sad but there were still bars and restaurants offering a wide range of options.

If you are planning a visit to the island, I would recommend using the local bus service for ventures around Ibiza. From San Antonio to Ibiza Town was just 4.60 euros return with a service every 30 minutes at this time of year.

Overall, an excellent break, enhanced by brilliant weather for October (28 degrees most days). Excellent little apart-hotel and genuine hospitality.

Room Tip: Opt for the sea view - excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Sol House Ibiza by Melia
Sol House Ibiza by Melia
#1 of 7 in Port d'es Torrent

Been to Marina Playa Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!